PDA

View Full Version : anxiety stopping sleep

anxietysufferer1
06-12-12, 15:00
Hi fellow sufferers,

I am not sleeping at the moment. Every time I get into bed in the evening I start having horrible thoughts and then before I know it, i've been lying there for 4 hours worrying. The negative thoughts revolve around breathing, that i'm going to stop breathing if I keep thinking about it, or il stop in my sleep. Then because i'm not sleeping I start thinking i'm going to die from sleep deprivation. It's getting ridiculous. Any advice from anyone who has suffered from similar anxiety and overcome this will be very gratefully received by a very exhausted, drained individual :weep:

Laurenita
06-12-12, 15:11
I haven't overcame it, and I still am very, very aware of my breathing! Sometimes I can't get to sleep at all and sometimes I nod off in seconds with this. But sleep hypnosis has really helped me. There's loads of apps, if you have an iphone or ipod and there's youtube videos or mp3s if you have something else.

My anxiety is worse either in the morning, evening or just before I'm going to bed. Annoyingly, it twists and changes!