PDA

View Full Version : White roof of mouth

Kyeee
06-12-12, 16:06
Hi guys. :)

I've been worried about oral cancer for the last couple of months, nothing concrete caused it, and I've not had any certain symptoms, it's just been in the back of my mind constantly.

Anyway, I was driving to university Tuesday morning, and I looked at my mouth in my rear-view mirror, and I noticed the roof of my mouth, behind my top set of teeth, was white. It's not one secluded patch, it's like the general area is white. Not coated either, just white in colour, except pink.

Ever since this, I can't stop thinking it's oral cancer. I'm only 21 years old, but I can't be reasonable and think it could be completely normal. For all I know my mouth has been like that my WHOLE LIFE, and I've just noticed it now because I looked.

I don't drink, at all, and I very rarely smoke, but I do sometimes. I've probably smoked about 20 cigarettes this year though, so not much. But I still can't get the thought out of my head.

Could this just be completely normal?

nomorepanic
06-12-12, 17:00
It could be thrush I guess

Kyeee
06-12-12, 21:12
Wouldn't that look quite defined though? And really white? This just looks like the top of my mouth is a bit white, so I'm not sure. I've never had Thrush though so I can't really speak!

I've just looked again, which I shouldn't be doing, and it kinda looks like it's symmetrical, if that makes sense, so maybe it's been like that my whole life and I've only just noticed because I didn't care before HA.

Looking on Google now at images of Oral Cancer, again, another massive mistake, but the patches are really white and defined, while this just looks.... I dunno, natural, I guess. Maybe I'm working myself up over nothing.

Nico
06-12-12, 22:06
I don't know what this could be but it sounds like nothing serious :), stay off google, sends me into a frenzy for days. Think about how unlikely it is that you have oral cancer, you are only 21 !!!!. Hope you feel better