PDA

View Full Version : Period worry, help!!!

crystal17
06-12-12, 19:11
I am terrible and don't keep track of the exact date of my periods, however they are usually pretty regular. I went to the loo last night and noticed****might be TMI***** bright red blood when I wiped, thought it was my period and put a sanitary towel on.

When I went again a bit later the towel was completely clear and no blood to be found anywhere. This morning first thing it was clear but about 10am there was a bit of bright red blood again. So same again, I put a new sanitary towel on.

Then it disappeared again!!!

This hasn't happened before, anyone please help if possible. The only thing vaguely similar to this was 9 years ago when I was pregnant and had breakthrough bleeding. Please can someone tell me theres another cause!!!

Annie0904
06-12-12, 19:14
That often used to happen to me at the beginning of my period.

crystal17
06-12-12, 19:22
Really? Ok thankyou so much, even just reading that has helped :)

swgrl09
06-12-12, 23:43
Yeah that happens to me ..it did this past cycle actually. I'm on the pill so pretty sure I'm not preggo!

crystal17
08-12-12, 23:13
Ok thanks swgrl09, good to hear. I heard the pill can cause that, although I'm not on it anymore. Still no period!!!

Laura1989
09-12-12, 09:11
I have it sometimes...where I have a few spots in the couple of days before my period! I always thought of it as just my cycle starting but it taking a while to actually flow properly. I'm on the pill also, and deffo not pregnant!!

Hope this all helps!

Thumbelina
09-12-12, 10:33
Haya,
Thats my normal periods for the past 10 years.
I get some breakthrough bleeding around 5 days before, then only after those days the proper periods start.
I was worried as well before - but i guess thats the way my body works. Hope it gives you some reassurance.
Take care

justina
09-12-12, 12:20
I have that every month. My gynae doesn't think it's anything to worry about.

crystal17
10-12-12, 20:59
Thanks guys :hugs: It is reassuring to know it happens to others. It has just freaked me out I think because its never happened before, well apart from that one time.

Tessar
11-12-12, 09:21
also...i think things like this can happen to people when they are mid-cycle too. but as everyone says, lots of people do get the odd bit of spotting.