PDA

View Full Version : irregular heartbeat

diddler
06-12-12, 21:02
Hiya, been really worried lately, I've been having irregular heartbeats, sometimes when standing up sometime when just sat still, or sometimes when doing general things, it's sometimes feels like a flutter likes it's going up and down and jumping everywhere, sometimes I feel like I have to run or make myself panic to get rid of it, I've had similar stuff and had heart monitor few years ago, but lately it seems to be quite a few times a day, and it's now getting to the point where I'm constantly waiting for next one and not wanting to go anywhere just Incase, don't know what to do
Thanks

KaylaSoares
07-12-12, 23:36
hey, I get this quite often and it can be a really scary thing. check it out with your gp, but don't worry to much about it, anxiety can give you a range of physical symptoms. hope you feel reassured soon. :hugs:

joebloggs
08-12-12, 15:57
Hi. diddler. Irregular heartbeats can be caused by anxiety just as can palpitations. For reassurance check it with your GP. These are not actually 'irregular' heartbeats but the heart catching up on a missed beat. Quite normal in anxiety. The heart is a pump, and a pretty efficient one. But it does respond to our moods. "I felt it in my heart", or "I get the heart flutters before I go on stage". Just imagine someone tells you you have won the Lottery. Would your heart not flutter, miss beats, feel 'floaty'? You would not worry about it then would you, because your mood would be one of joy, (at least, I hope so!!) Because you are anxious you fasten on to the feelings and cannot let them go, as you would in the Lottery scenario. Regards. joe.

diddler
08-12-12, 16:27
Hiya KaylaSoares and Joebloggs, I know it seems to be more after I've been anxious, sometimes I'm quite calm, I did visit gp he said not to worry, he had a listen to my heart, just awful when it feels like it's going all over the place, Thanku for the reassurance :-)