PDA

View Full Version : 5 weeks into my new job and i'm ok

paranoidtree
06-12-12, 21:12
And i'm as surprised as anyone!

The first few weeks were hard, every day during week 1 i came home and just didn't want to go back. My poor husband was an absolute rock that week. I only survived going in each morning thanks to diazepam.

2nd and 3rd weeks were the same though the panic wasn't quite as bad each morning, it rose up and down throughout the days but i was ok.

Last week (week 4) i started to ease in to it and i have no managed a whole week (Thursday to Thursday) diazepam free!

And i'm beginning to really enjoy my job, it's much more me than what i was doing before. I'm a librarian in a primary school. My fear of sickness/vomiting etc has increased tenfold as i'm much more exposed to it (this evening has been hard as i've felt nauseous on and off today and i'm on my own) but i am beginning to manage it.

Also, as i've not been on here in ages, just to update you all my counselling is also going well. I really enjoy working with the counsellor though i know i have a way to go yet but am uncovering things every week and generally feel a bit stronger in myself.

I'm not 'cured' yet but i certainly feel like i'm on the right path. Finally after all these years i feel like i am getting somewhere.

Hope you are all ok, and if not are getting the support you need.

x

Annie0904
06-12-12, 21:13
That is wonderful news, I am so pleased the job is going well for you :yesyes:

paranoidtree
07-12-12, 18:56
Thanks Annie. I've had a few wobbles along the way but am enjoying it. Long may that feeling last!

vicky23
07-12-12, 19:00
aaww well done!! very glad for you x

Elle-Kay
07-12-12, 20:33
That's great news :D I've been thinking about you and wondering how you were getting on, so I'm pleased it's starting to be good news for you :)

Sparkle1984
07-12-12, 22:24
That sounds really good - well done! :yesyes:

Serenitie
08-12-12, 07:19
Congratulations on your new job!!! :yahoo: It sounds like you are making huge progress to be proud of - good for you! I wish you continued success & every happiness :hugs:

paranoidtree
08-12-12, 10:47
Thank you everyone. I am making progress, slowly but this time surely too. I'm still having blips and down days but overall i feel a bit lighter. Just need to keep going!

hope you are all ok. x

JT69
09-12-12, 17:22
Hello

You have done so well and come so far you should be so proud of yourself!! It is so hard to make yourself go in each morning when feeling this way and you did it...it is so rewarding when you actually go through it and makes you such a stronger person.

I am so pleased for you...its onwards and upwards from here!!

May it continue.....

Jo.x

electrical_stormgirl
17-12-12, 12:42
Well done :yesyes: So glad you're starting to enjoy it. Crossing fingers and toes you continue to feel better.