PDA

View Full Version : Hi NMP

paul10571
06-12-12, 23:26
hey group, new guy alert, well where to start ?, found this site by google when having a panic attack, i thought brought on by low blood sugars but checked at 7.9 ???, freaked a bit and turned to cider to feel normal, its happening a bit too much, im a diabetic brought on by pencreatitis (gallstone) take insulin and genrally feel rough, crashed my car at the weekend which made things worse, kind of in a hole at the moment, im married with 2 wonderful kids who i adore but my life seems to be falling down the toilet and i want it back, its a start i know, but its time to talk to someone, one man is not an island, we all need a little help, thanks for reading :>) hopefully ill catch you in the chatrooms

nomorepanic
06-12-12, 23:36
Hi paul10571

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Mark13
07-12-12, 00:23
Welcome to the forum paul, I'm sure you'll find lots of information and support here as I am doing on my first day on these boards.

Mark

BobbyDog
07-12-12, 07:26
A very warm :welcome: to you.

paul10571
07-12-12, 07:47
thanks for the friendly welcome :hugs: starting of a new day, always feel fairly good in th Morning, so starting with a positive!

Jen Sat
07-12-12, 09:01
Good morning Paul and welcome. Great attitude, hope you continue to have a good day :)

paul10571
07-12-12, 20:18
thank you Jen sat, not too bad a day, but fell at the last hurdle, bottle in hand... I know it's wrong I do, and counterproductive, but I need to sleep too, someday I'm hoping it will sort itself, another forum perhaps, being here helps

Sparkle1984
07-12-12, 20:57
Welcome to the forums Paul. I'm sure you'll find plenty of support here. :)

If you have trouble sleeping, have you ever tried any remedies to help with this? I've also found listening to relaxation/meditation MP3s helpful.

paul10571
09-12-12, 19:19
no night Times seem to be when it kicks off for me, is this the same for most people ? it's when I'm alone mostly

Mark13
09-12-12, 19:21
No, night times are best for me.

But certainly I get a bit wired (anxious, agitated) when I'm alone for any extended period.

My wife visited family for a few days this week, and I was really uptight till she got home.

Mark

paul10571
11-12-12, 20:30
thanks mark, hope your feeling better now your back together :), well... on an update... i went to my doctors and he gave me some sort of sedative to help, it hasnt yet... you know how much i want to kick myself right now ?, and its because the sedatives have side affects which all medications do, but knowing that gives me anxiety issues about taking my anxiety medicine which is meant to help, what an odd circle im in ?, im going to take it and i know even if it does make me have some form of panic its just the idea of having a panic thats making me have one, and i know these will help me sleep if nothing else !... i feel foolish and scared all at the same time.

Mark13
11-12-12, 23:24
What have you been prescribed Paul (out of interest)?

With regard to side effects, as long as a drug doesn't stop me sleeping, or make my anxiety worse, they I find spotting the side effect quite an interesting game :)

The double vision for 5 hours last night on Pregabalin was fascinating :winks:

Hope the medication helps you.

Mark

paul10571
12-12-12, 18:59
well... I don't really want to get into the medication side of things, I don't tend to read the side effects as in almost positive I'm going to get them, all of them ! But this one freaks me out to take a bit, not badly but then I'll read for a bit till it kinda knocks me out, I had a good day today right up till dinner, then panic, why ? I feel stupid but like there are a million butterflies in me for no reason whatsoever, I'm really fed up with myself already, stupid fact about me: I'm training to be a hypnotherpist, to deal with people like me, I want to help people, and I'm going to do this, I'm positive about that and as soon as I'm sure of not disappointing anybody I'll make . myself available to anyone who wants to speak to me, but I need to get myself right first, this is not a life like this, it's being trapped inside your own fear, it's maddening that this takes hold as it does,it's a kick when your already down and it's forums like this that give me a hand to hold so I can get up, I hope in time I can be some help to others from what I learn. :hugs:

fozzy is crying
12-12-12, 19:01
:welcome:
:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

paul10571
13-12-12, 18:25
thanks fozzy !, first time i think ive smiled today :yesyes:... kind of a low day, my sons school play (he is 5) couldnt bring myself to go into the hall, for fear i would freak out, and all the parents would look at me, what a stupid state to get into:wall: