PDA

View Full Version : Hello

heyjoe
07-12-12, 00:19
Hello

I'm Joe (as if the username didn't tell you that)
I married, living in Northumberland, and struggling to deal with low mood, anxiety and depression.
I've just left another job (which is part of a vicious cycle I seem to have been going through for years- which I'll hopefully post about in the future)

My depression/moods/ anxiety have been ongoing for what I have realized recently is years. I have a very helpful and understanding Doctor, although I'm not sure the medication I'm on is helping-then again, am I in the right mind to be deciding that.

I've been seeing a mental health practitioner for almost 6 months now, and am currently doing CBT, which I'm finding very challenging, both mentally and emotionally. My lowest point came in June this year when I tried:weep::weep:, its something I struggle with every day- I just wish I didn't feel this way anymore- life is very very hard at the moment, and has been for quite a while.

I've used forums in the past when I've dealt with other illnesses I've had and met some wonderful people, and made some great friends. I'm here to make new friends, share my story, and contribute in whatever way I can.

If you've read all of the above, thanks for sticking with me.

Joe

p.s oops just realized that this is my 2nd post, I actually first posted in July 2011. Sorry- a lot of life has happened since then.

Mark13
07-12-12, 00:22
I've only joined today (well yesterday now) and I've been made to feel very welcome.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, so welcome to the forum.

Mark

heyjoe
07-12-12, 00:24
Hi Mark

Thanks for the welcome

As for support, I think we all need it, that's what were here for.

Joe

nomorepanic
07-12-12, 00:36
Hi heyjoe

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Sparkle1984
07-12-12, 20:49
Welcome back to the forums Joe. I'm sure you'll find plenty of support here. It's good that you have a very understanding doctor, and I hope you'll find your CBT helpful.

heyjoe
09-12-12, 02:18
Thanks for all the replies, very kind of you all.