PDA

View Full Version : Poking and Prodding - How Do I Stop?!

Glyph
07-12-12, 03:14
Hey there, folks. I came here to ask for a little advice.

I've had a lump on my neck identified as a cyst (I've had a blood test I'm going to call up about tomorrow, and I'm also going in for a scan to check my thyroid on the tenth, so I guess if anything's up, they'll find it then. :unsure:)

Problem? I can't stop POKING at the damn thing :doh: Mostly I'm poking at the cyst, which is at the top of my neck, under my jaw, but also my neck in general/. I don't poke crazy-hard but I think I'm making it hurt anyway and I'm changing the texture of the cyst (it doesn't move about quite as well as it did).

I just wanted to ask for advice on how the heck I can leave it alone? I know poking at the cyst is silly (and possibly dangerous, since you can get infections and things from doing that) and poking at my neck (is the lower neck SUPPOSED to be that bony?!) is hardly going to help. Anybody have any advice for me?

Thumbelina
07-12-12, 05:39
Sorry that it bothers you so much,
Maybe you could think of some kind of a punishement for yourself every time you are touchinng it and every time you poke it - say you would have to do 5 pressups. You might get tired after some time or really fit.
Hope you going to get rid of it soon...

Glyph
09-12-12, 02:46
Thanks Thumbalina.

I've been tyring to leave it alone, and just sheer force of will appears o be helping a lot (just as well I am too weedy to do push ups XD)

Ultra sound on monday, perhaps I can ask for advice there...