PDA

View Full Version : Sore throats due to meds?

Catwoman
22-08-06, 16:59
I was wondering today if anyone else has this? I am currently on Fluoxetine (prozac) and Amitriptaline (low dose), everytime I take these I seem to end up with a very dry mouth and almost constant sore throat.
Its not helped by the fact I work in an air conditioned building but I wondered how many of you had almost constant sore throats, and whether any of you attributed it to the antidepressants or other medications you are taking?
Its a nuisance and as it is I have to take lots of painkillers for my headaches and this is not helping! :(

net
22-08-06, 17:03
i'm on fluoxetine and have dry mouth a sore throat, never put it down to meds but now you mention it maybe thats why my throat never gets better. i had to come off amtriptaline it gave me migraines

netty

don't walk in front, i may not follow. don't walk behind, i may not lead
just walk beside me.

reddevil
22-08-06, 17:14
Hi,

I have been on Amitriptaline for the last year and one of the side effects is a dry mouth.

Red

jill
23-08-06, 02:06
Hi Cat,

I was on amitripaline for a while, it gave me dry mouth and my throat would feel sore, I did put this down to the meds,sipping water all the time helped a little, when I came off the meds the dry mouth went.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX