PDA

View Full Version : hi Iam KAREN

BIRDBANK51
07-12-12, 15:36
Have been on Seroxat since 1992 for anxiety and panic attacks came off it in August this year {weaned off gradually} and was doing well until I got a nasty virus which lasted 6 weeks. I don't know if the virus kicked my anxiety and panic off again or if this is just coincidence, now back on seroxat for a week. Not sleeping well up and down every couple of hours and wakening early in the mornings, no appetite and anxiety levels still up and down all the time. Any advice welcome.

Annie0904
07-12-12, 15:45
Hi Karen :welcome:

nomorepanic
07-12-12, 15:46
Hi BIRDBANK51

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

nomorepanic
07-12-12, 15:46
Hi BIRDBANK51

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Gwentmal
07-12-12, 15:50
I'm actually on Seroxat - I thought that it was no longer being used. We all know what Seroxat does and well done for coming off it when you did. If you are back on it you are probably going through that initial difficult time which can last 6 weeks. From what I haer and read there are now better drugs than this to treat our condition.

Mark13
07-12-12, 17:06
Hi Karen, welcome to the forum.

Mark

---------- Post added at 17:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

I'm actually on Seroxat - I thought that it was no longer being used.
My GP certainly wouldn't prescribe it for me, he prefers fluoxetine, citalopram and sertraline.

I don't think they are prescribing it for anxiety any more, but managing patients who are already on it.

Happy to be corrected.

Mark

Sparkle1984
07-12-12, 22:06
Welcome to the forums Karen. :)

Sorry to hear about your relapse, hopefully the seroxat will help you soon.