PDA

View Full Version : in hospitol

maximus1975
07-12-12, 20:45
well sent into hospitol today being sick and bad stomach pains, the consaltant is now starting to think it might not be pancretitis that i keep getting so i have to go back for more tests soon,my anxiety levels were pretty high at some points panic was setting in ie i cant get out of here, what happens if i had an attack in front of all of these people it started to get me really down i got a bit better after i had taken my meds, i started to think a little bit more straight,
ive just been discharged and got home and need to rest, one bonus was while i was in there is they took my bloods you may well no my high cholestrol 16 !!!! has been giving me health anxiety / depression so i was quite worked up before i got the results me and mum were sat there and the dr said what would u like them to be i said 10 would be a good start , well they were 3.8!! i was totally chuffed and had to ask him to repeat himself. i cant believe the rate they have droped it's good because ive had to give up a lot a nice foods to get them down as well as exercise . ive still got a battle on my hand with depression/panic/anxiety but those results today have given me a lift that the sacrifices im making are working and worth doing.
for anyone with high cholestrol that is worried about it i strongly advise you give up smoking and booze if poss

Mark13
07-12-12, 21:06
Glad to hear of your good test results.

I had a similar experience but with blood sugar. My fasting rate was 7.0, 18 months ago (7.1 is definite diabetes). I was already eating healthily, and I'd stopped drinking in 2004, stopped smoking in 2006, so my only option was to move from white bread to granary (high seeded) I couldn't think of anything else in my diet to tweak. My last blood test was 5.9 (high normal) so something worked.

Although I have read that intense anxiety can raise blood glucose levels, so maybe that caused the rise and it went down naturally.

Mark

Annie0904
07-12-12, 21:09
Maximus sorry you had to go in hospital but pleased that you can stop worrying about your cholesterol, that is great news! :hugs:

maximus1975
07-12-12, 21:33
thanks annie, yeh i do still have a problem with blood sugar its going from between 7 and 13 , its seems to be going up after i eat cereal , sandwiches etc it tends to be around 7.5 first thing in the morning then rises during the day, i take 850 mg of metformin a day , i get the feeling im gunna end up on insulin??

Gotagetthroughthis
07-12-12, 21:37
Sorry to hear you were unwell and had to go to hospital but hopefully they can find out whats going on with you now and get you feeling better.

That is an amazing amount your Cholesterol has dropped. It was 16? Is that the Cholesterol on a whole, the LDL HDL and VLDL added together? How long did it take to get it down to 3.8?

I have high Cholesterol myself and I could never workout why as I was reasonably fit and dont eat to badly. Hopeing I can get mine down, if i even get half the improvement you managed I will be happy.

maximus1975
07-12-12, 21:49
annie it just shows how much anxiety is in our heads i was ok at the drs this morning then as soon as she said i was going into hospitol all the crazy negative thoughts started,when i first got in the ward there were 2 guys who didnt say alot and my anxiety was running wild then another bloke joined us and he liked to chat once i started chatting to him i couls feel my anxiety levels drop,
im now anxious as to whats wrong with if its not pancretitis ill never win

---------- Post added at 21:49 ---------- Previous post was at 21:41 ----------

yours is probally high genetically , 16 was my bad cholestrol ive got it down to 3.8 in 3 months i havnt got a clue how its come down so fast but im so relieved ive been walking around thinking about heart attacks for so long now its been a real phobia of mine , i must now stick to the things that have got it down low .
ironically i have a meeting on monday with a cholestrol expert as the drs have been baffled in the past that ive been on the right meds and it wouldnt come down, i now no it was my lifestyle

Annie0904
07-12-12, 21:58
You said you worry about having panic attacks in front of others, that doesn't actually worry me any more since I have had panic attacks in so many places :D Mostly I have found people either ignore it or are caring, funnily enough it happened once at the football match (Anfield) my son was only 12 and some other boys went over to him really concerned and asking him if he was ok and trying to reassure him about me. I got to meet the Anfield doctor but none of the Liverpool players :(