PDA

View Full Version : off balance lightheaded feeling

julia
08-12-12, 11:17
ok guys its been a while since i posted but im in a right pickle and turning to you, i have been feeling very off balance, lightheaded looked back at diaries had on and off now for 3 years thats whats upsetting me it feels awful im terrified it is ms although i have seen dr for things in the 3 yrs and ms was never mentioned, but can these feelings really be anxiety when i stand i dont wobble unless have eyes closed i walk in straight line but inside my head feels so wobbly and sometimes my eyes feel flashy and sensitive to patterens stripes spots etc even gravel on drive at times hurts eyes, been to optician said eyes were fine , today ive really terrified myself going over and over in head why hasnt it got better in all these years? feel sick to the stomach with it can these light headed off balance not really dizzy feelings be anxiety please please i need your responses thank you xx:weep:

Annie0904
08-12-12, 11:56
I get these feelings a lot and do believe it is my anxiety causing them. If you look on the link at the side of the page you will see these are symptoms of anxiety. If it was something more serious you would know about it bey now. The problem is, that we worry about the symptoms which fuels the anxiety and then makes the symptoms worse. have you had any cognitive behaviour therapy to help you? If not then I think it may be helpful to you. :hugs::hugs:xx

joebloggs
08-12-12, 15:19
Hi. julia. All the symptoms you describe can be attributed to anxiety. Have you seen your GP? Go, if only for reassurance; but I do feel if you had MS or anything similar you would know more about it than the symptoms you have! The eyes are very sensitive organs and can be upset by the slightest strain. Tightening of muscles such as you get with anxiety can affect them as can strong light. Concentrating on the symptoms does not help. Dizziness; lightheadedness; 'wobbly feeling, are all classic symptoms as is 'feeling sick to the stomach'.
'Going over and over in my head'. There now you have the cause of your continuing anxiety. You are thrashing yourself with fear. Adding fear to fear so that you get in the old 'vicious circle' of fear-anxiety-fear......All this uses valuable energy and it is energy you cannot afford to lose. You say you have 'terrified yourself'. You have the answer in that remark. You are doing this to yourself! I want you to try an experiment. Sit in a chair and relax as much as you can. Now see if you can make the symptoms worse. (Don't be afraid, it will not harm you). You will find that you cannot. There is a limit as to the amount of adrenaline that can be released in fear and you are sure to have reached this limit. Once you stop adding fear to fear then you have begun the healing process. That and acceptance of your feelings will carry you forward to eventual recovery. This does take time so try and be patient (difficult), but it can be done. Bless you. joe.

julia
08-12-12, 15:28
THANK YOU THANK YOU jo you talk so much sense,im finding it hard to come to terms with my anxiety the dr said its reactive anxiety, i dont take meds but the timescale scares me and the feelings are awful i cant concentrate on relaxation and breathing because it feels like slowing too much, it is a visious circle coz then i feel i cant breathe and the balance is awful but to anybody looking at me i look perfectly ok so scary and frustrating