PDA

View Full Version : my mom depresses me

magnerslol
08-12-12, 11:20
so i just keep getting really depressed because of my mom im 18 she always tells me what to do bosses me around talk to me like i am a peice of shit and if i shout back at her she goes even more mad so she can talk to me like im a **** but i cant say anything back she says i have no brains she swears at me constantly always on and on and on and on and never leaves me alone.example today she tells me to push a big bail of horse food into field im doing it and she is shouting at me through the window WHAT ARE U ****ING DOING HELP JAMES PUSH IT ARE U STUPID. the fence was broke i was stopping the horses from getting out i told her if she is so bothered come out do it her self she comes out continues to shoat and moan at me constantly telling me what to do i feel like ending it. sorry about my spelling and punctuation i don't know how to use it left school when i was 15 sorry about that. also this might sound sad the other day i was going to jump infront of a train she got me so down

Annie0904
08-12-12, 11:52
As hard as this may seem, I wonder if you didn't retaliate and speak kindly back to your Mum then things may improve. When you just shout back at each other the situation only gets worse. In saying this I am not implying that it is you to blame, far from it, but anger on anger only fuels more anger. I am also wondering if your Mum may be going through a bad time herself at the moment? I know there where times with my eldest daughter when she felt like I was always getting at her but now she apologises to me saying she knows she was a little s**t at that age! :D Sometimes it can just be misunderstandings with the situation and it is far better for both of you to deal with it in a more calming manner. I am pleased that you have asked for advise. Try being kind to your Mum and to speak kindly to her even if she is not doing the same to you, at least then you know you have done all you can to rectify the situation. I am sending you hugs because I really think you need them today :hugs::hugs::hugs: talk to me anytime you want and you can PM me if you want. I work with teenagers and have brought up 3 of my own so have some understanding of your problems and even though it was many, many, many years ago I still remember being one myself :).

dealswithpanic
11-12-12, 17:08
I can tell you from personal experience that if you act different towards your mom, your mom will eventually act different towards you. I found this out with my son. I changed the way I responded to him (in a positive way) and he started responding more positively.

If you want her to be nice, find a way to diffuse the situation and eventually, she'll see it and appreciate it. However, don't point it out to her ... let her see it on her own.