PDA

View Full Version : Hello advice please finding things difficult- derealisation

vitabelle
08-12-12, 12:28
Hello

Does anyone have any advice on how to or what steps to take to try and ease this feeling of derealisation it's constant and I'd really like to stop thinking about it but its so so hard and now. Can't leave the house everything looks unfamiliar I feel like I'm going mad :( is it possible to forget everything like amnesia?? Scared xx

vitabelle
08-12-12, 18:48
Is it just me ? :(

starlight78
08-12-12, 18:55
Hi there, it's definitely not just you.
I struggle with this quite a bit recently, it's so unsettling and scary.
I'm not sure how much I can be helpful, but the ways I try and help myself is to settle myself down on the sofa, watch something familiar on TV, and accept that it's horrible but not serious, just part of anxiety. It will get better! X x

Charlee123
09-12-12, 12:30
i have that too, especially worse on some days. I feel like im not on this planet, everything seems unreal and its almost like your in a dream. Its very scary, but if i can get over it, so can you xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

gregcool
09-12-12, 12:50
Me two//Have days when im like it all day long and even when i talk to anyone ..Even my wife and kids It feels very unreal and strange..Almost like im a spectator in my own day ..Kind of watching myself and my every sound ...
As much as i hat it, I just except it and try to manage as best i can...I dont dwell on it...Its hard and lonely , But its less if you can just except it...

Alabasterlyn
09-12-12, 13:09
I do feel for you, I used to get that so badly that I was barely able to function. I used to go outside and it was like everything was in 2D and like I was walking in a picture postcard, if that makes any sense. Nothing looked real and there were times when I didn't feel real either. I used to be so scared that when I was cooking dinner I would have to be talking to someone on the phone at the same time as I felt so bad. At it's worst I would just go bed and shut the curtains as being in a dark room was the only way I could get rid of the feeling.

I have read somewhere that the reason we get these feelings is our brains way of shutting out things that stress us. They do seem to go in time though and I think the only thing that makes them go is to just accept them for what they are and keep reassuring yourself that it's just an anxiety symptom and once you stop worrying about them then they gradually start to lessen :hugs:

Thumbelina
09-12-12, 13:17
I am also scared of derealisation and when I had it first times I
Was confident I am permanently damaged but the more I was reading about it and how many people experience it I was more reassured. I am still scared allot when I feel this way but I do my best to float with it and let it pass. Sometimes it stays for few days non stop and goes away slowly.
Hope you feel not alone now.

vitabelle
09-12-12, 14:25
Thank you all very much for writing. I keep telling myself to try and accept it and just get pn the best I can. It helps knowing I'm not alone. Xxxx