PDA

View Full Version : My tongue - again

overhead_drums
08-12-12, 13:00
Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is well today and having a nice weekend. Just come quick updates on my yellow tongue, advice would be appreciated.

Now I brush and scrape my tongue every morning and night i wouldn't say its mega yellow like some of the mad pics on the net, more like this lovely tongue i found: http://www.orabrush.com/blog/yellow-coated-tongue/

The yellowness seems to develop though the day and over night.

I know, lovely...

So i'm trying to sort it out and not run to the Doctors as its probably nothing, stuff i have heard which can cause it are:

Open mouth breathing - i jog about three times a week and mouth breath whilst doing it, but i get it when i haven't jogged.

Mouthwash - Some types of mouthwash i have stopped using, this hasn't really seemed to help at the mo.

anti-depressants - now this is interesting as another symptom of yellow tongue is dehydration and reading through my side effects list from my fluoxetine i can see dry mouth is a symptom. Although I wouldn't say i feel like I've got a dry mouth antidepressants could possible be the cause.

Smoking/Tea/Coffee: I stopped smoking a while ago and drink tea and coffee in moderation just to see if it is the drinks, it doesn't seem to be.

One last thing, last night I had a few glasses of red wine and this stained my tongue but only over the area which normally gets stained yellow (Right at the back and down the sides). Not majorly stained but reddy/blueish.

Maybe i my tongue is easy to stain or summin... ahwell. Any advice or knowledge on the subject would be great.

If you've got to this part, thanks for reading the rant! :D

Huggles and Lovels! x

Mark13
08-12-12, 16:43
Ooh my tongue was once worse that that pic you linked to. :tongue:

Not sure what caused it, it just went away on its own.

I don't smoke or drink alcohol, but I do have a mild dust allergy, so I get stuffy and mouth-breath at times, that the only cause I can think of.

Hope you get yours sorted and I always think seeing your Doc is the best way to put your mind at rest if you're at all worried.

Mark

overhead_drums
08-12-12, 21:54
Hi Mark13,

Thanks for your reply. I don't know what it is, my tongue seems really easy to stain, lol. Im not sure on what is causing it but i'm adamant not to go to the doctors and sort it out/wait it out myself.

I cant keep running to the doctors every time i'm slightly unsure of anything, i'm sure if it was serious i would be ill because of it.

again, cheers for the reply! x

Mark13
08-12-12, 22:21
I cant keep running to the doctors every time i'm slightly unsure of anything,

Why not I do :) Joking aside, I tend to give any new symptom a chance to go away (4-6 weeks) before seeing the Doc. Minor symptoms obviously.

I'm sure if it was serious i would be ill because of it.

I certainly would agree with that. Mine was more of a coating - my tongue was grey with a big yellow patch. Gross I know. Could have been fungal, who knows, but as I said, it cleared up without any intervention needed.

Mark

overhead_drums
09-12-12, 16:05
Cheers Mark,

Its not looking too bad today. I brought some listerine yesterday which feels a bit like rinsing battery acid, but if anything had the potential to get rid of it that does!

And like i said, it looks better today.

Cheers for your help! x