PDA

View Full Version : Tingling on back of right thigh.

Ziggy455
08-12-12, 13:10
I keep getting a tingling feeling on my right thigh on the back of it. It feels as if somebody is lightly blowing on that spot. It's most noticeable when I sit down. I'm also getting brief facial spasms that last between 1 - 3 seconds. I have no idea what is causing this.

Mark13
08-12-12, 16:27
I'm no doctor, but from experience I can say that I get all sorts of strange sensations at times.

I generally see the Doc if they persist (in fact I've got an appointment on Monday regarding mild chest pains).

If you're very concerned always see you Doctor.

However at times I've had the symptoms you described, also muscle pain and fasciculations (fast quite disturbing muscle spasms), tingling, "buzzing" (like having my foot on a vibrating mobile), eye twitches.

So basically what I'm saying is if you suffer from acute anxiety as I do, with any such symptoms, an anxiety cause should be the first to consider. I mean you've already got that illness so the odds are it's related, why look for a new illness :)

Mark

Ziggy455
08-12-12, 16:41
I'm no doctor, but from experience I can say that I get all sorts of strange sensations at times.

I generally see the Doc if they persist (in fact I've got an appointment on Monday regarding mild chest pains).

If you're very concerned always see you Doctor.

However at times I've had the symptoms you described, also muscle pain and fasciculations (fast quite disturbing muscle spasms), tingling, "buzzing" (like having my foot on a vibrating mobile), eye twitches.

So basically what I'm saying is if you suffer from acute anxiety as I do, with any such symptoms, an anxiety cause should be the first to consider. I mean you've already got that illness so the odds are it's related, why look for a new illness :)

Mark

I've been out of the hospital for three weeks and I had a week long BP monitor. Two brain CTs and a lumbar puncture. Somehow I still worry.

Mark13
08-12-12, 17:10
I've been out of the hospital for three weeks and I had a week long BP monitor. Two brain CTs and a lumbar puncture. Somehow I still worry.
I know, I didn't think my post would stop you worrying, but it was obviously posted with the best intentions.

I have health anxiety also, but I do tend to trust what the Doctor tells me, especially if tests have been carried out.

The problem is while we're worrying about the ailments we might have (although usually very unlikely to have) then our anxiety becomes as debilitating as the diseases we are imagining.

It's a vicious circle, but if I had the answers I wouldn't have needed to join this forum :)

Mark