PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

snoopy38
08-12-12, 18:43
I've been taking the meds for 7 weeks and had been feeling so much better but since Tuesday have been steadily falling into a really low mood/depression. Today it is really bad and I'm struggling to cope. I'm so worried that I'm going to spiral down and that things will get even worse. I can just about copy with the anxiety but not the depression. I don't know what to do.

Janine
08-12-12, 18:58
Hi Snoopy, you will be ok again, i had a little blip around that time and still do have a couple of days when I am depressed for no reason and before all this anxiety started I very rarely felt depressed, you will not spiral down again, 7 weeks is still early days and you have to think how far you have come, I just think before all this happened I had down days or not so good days and did not take any notice so not to think it is things not working but it would have happened anyway because that is life.

Hope it does not last too long and you feel better soon.

snoopy38
08-12-12, 19:11
Thanks Janine. This feels so much worse than the anxiety. I hope it passes quickly. I think I may be hormonal as time of the month is looming too but this is definitely more than just pmt. I was panicking that I'd have to change or increase meds if things didn't improve quickly but am reassured if this is common. Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to me. X

Janine
08-12-12, 19:22
I would give at least until the 12 week mark and you will be able to judge how you are feeling, I know that it is working for me. Your hormones like you say may be playing a part, don't panic try and relax and be kind to yourself.xx

snoopy38
09-12-12, 16:41
Got through last night. Thanks Janine, your message really helped me. Today has been slightly better. I've decided not to consider going back to work until after christmas. As soon as I feel slightly better I try to run before I can walk which is part of the condition I suppose. I'm going to try and get ready for Christmas this week so even if I feel rubbish at least the kids and hubby will still have a good time.

Janine
09-12-12, 19:06
Taking the decision not to go back to work until after Christmas takes the pressure off, my husband always says that I try to run before I can walk, I was lucky with work that i could go in if I could or come home early, work from home etc whcih meant that I had no pressure and that helped a lot.

If you feel up to getting ready for Christmas this week you will feel good and again be able to relax more but if you do not feel like it you still have next week. Funnily enough this is the first time I have been ill like this (although better because of the meds) but have been more ahead with my shopping writing cards than I have ever been before.

You will be fine at Christmas and you will have a good time with your hubby and kids.xx

cazmayov
15-12-12, 16:28
You simply need to relax. Do some meditation exercises.