PDA

View Full Version : Eye and head symptons

JaneS
09-12-12, 17:45
HI there

Does anyone get like a pressure feeling behind one eye and pain in the temple or forehead and top of head. Have recently been to see an ENT consultant about a post nasal drip which I have had for 6 months. He said everything was normal (had cameral up nose - no probs) but didn't know what was causing this pain (only had the pain and eye thing for a couple of weeks since the doctor said she would refer me). It's not constant but sometimes I get a stabbing pain in the right temple and forehead, my right eye feels funny too and it's tender around my right eye socket. He said that if there was any sinus problem he would see evidence of it - not sure if this is all anxiety and I am getting myself worked up??:weep: Husband keeps telling me to ignore it but I am really worried. Ironically the post nasal drip seems to have cleared up a lot!!!!

Mark13
09-12-12, 19:10
I get those symptoms too on occasions.

I always put it down to irritated sinuses, the symptoms for me only usually last anywhere from a couple of hours to a few days.

If it hurts when you shake your head (as mine does) it's probably sinus related.

I have a mild dust allergy, and the last time I had your symptoms I'd been out in the cold air on an 8 mile walk. I think the icy air irritated my sinuses; that episode eased as I got into the warm.

Mark