PDA

View Full Version : hiv anxiety

fonzy39
09-12-12, 17:58
Hi, I have had an hiv anxiety since june of this year, I was out drinking and an old friend I had not seen for a while, as he had been in prison, put his tongue in my mouth, i had a fear of hiv from this, then a few weeks after I got it into my head, that he may have raped me, although i have no memory or proof of this, he was actually with his girlfriend in a restaurant, since then my hiv anxiety has gone through the roof, i have been tested 5 times now for hiv, and had a six month test this week, they all came back negative, but I still can not move on, i am hoping someone here can help me

Elle-Kay
09-12-12, 18:24
As I understand it, the only way that HIV can be transmitted through kissing is if both parties have open wounds in their mouths at the time, so that blood is transferred, as well as saliva. If you have been tested for HIV and the test has come back negative, there is no reason whatsoever to think that you may have contracted it.

Suggesting that your friend may have raped you is a very serious allegation, and shouldn't even be suggested if you have no proof, even circumstantial proof. I would suggest that your fear in this instance is caused by intrusive thought, not reality.