PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here been on Avamsys or any other nasal spray???

Em84
10-12-12, 09:27
Hi

So last night was prob the worst night I have had in a long time! Last week I was put onto a course of antibiotics and a new nasal spray Avamsys which is used for the relief of rhinitis etc....
For the past year I have constant sinus issues which has effected my balance etc.
Anyhow i have been noticing positive effects whilst taking this, my nostrils feel more open and I've def felt less head pressure.....

Yesterday morning when I did my usual, blow my nose and do 2 squirts up each nostril my left one started to bleed...not very heavy like a full blown nose bleed but was enough to freak me out when I wiped etc. this lasted for around 5 mins....
I know these kind of sprays can cause nosebleeds as it says in the packed but im unsure if it means stop taking at the same time. I've not had any today and already im feeling the side effects kicking in, I had lots of anxiety attacks last night and early this morning so it could just be that...:.

Anyone have experience with this???

Xxx

swgrl09
10-12-12, 12:43
Yep, I was on a few different nasal sprays over the years. I had bloody noses most with nasonex. But it is just a normal side effect. I was told to use a saline nasal rinse or spray to moisturize the nose to help.

Em84
10-12-12, 16:48
Thanks Hun
It was such a scare though and it really hit me as this seems to be the one thing i have tried that actually was doing something....not having it today the symptoms are raging...from stabbinh head pains, dizziness and head pressure like normal....
My head was so clear beforehand....Think i might start it again in the morning...i was just worried thinking something was going wrong....sounds stupid like my brain was bleeding....

Ive been on anxiety overload since last night and really struggling to get a grip....

xxx

rb1978
10-12-12, 22:14
I use Avamys and have done for upwards of a year. I've noticed some slight bleeding which my Doctor said was just a side effect of the spray. I know other people who take different nasal sprays who get similar symptoms.

I've continued to use Avamys even if I've had a bit of blood and it's not worsened or caused any problems. I have, however, found it a pretty effective spray.