PDA

View Full Version : ADD Diagnosis or just anxiety

Hezman
10-12-12, 10:08
I have been going doctors for past year nearly about feeling tired, restless, random bursts of energy in day.

Mainly I went cos i can't hold down a job, I get very impatient, tend to jus go into dreamland all the time and therefore never got things done right, I worked on a checkout and kept forgetting which things to press and ended up losing quite a bit of money first day with things such as lottery tickets, i decided this was too much and quit.

Doctors reckoned it was jus anxiety so I got prescribed anti depressants I had tried 4 different kinds and they all made me lethargic, couldn't think about anything and just a crappy feeling really.

I noticed improvement in focus,energy and concentration of tramadol all my thoughts went away and didn't feel like my mind was constantly chattering these were only prescribed for a week after a nose operation and then i was given gabapentin.

Gabapentin helped loads for the first month, I felt like going out, talking to everyone and my focus improved aswell, after about 4 months on the drug I started to feel suicidal, doing random things going a bit manic then wondering why the hell did I just do or say that and my paranoia went through the roof.

I have stopped that and now been given lyrica, lyrica does improve my anxiety but not really concentration or focus unless in a high dose, I still get constant thoughts streamin through my head and just day dreaming really.

I really think I've suffered with ADD as I have been like this since I was younger, inattentive but smart and always day dreaming, I have also always had sleep issues.

The main reason I feel I may have add as someone gave me a concerta tablet and my mind felt so relaxed for the rest of the day.

Any thoughts sorryon long post.