PDA

View Full Version : Worrying again

Raiiboii
10-12-12, 11:53
Hi all! I've had to make a new account as not posted here in atleast 2 years, due to my anxiety almost completely subsiding. I say completely but I still get periods of worry, just none of the nasty side effects anymore after CBT theropy, so I have learnt to deal with it for the most part.

My reason for posting is a little non anxiety related but it kind of ties in to it.
Basically for a week now I've had sharp pain in my side, I presumed it was a pulled muscle and did nothing about it. Anyway on friday I went to A&E as I was in so much pain I couldn't walk. I used Doctor Google and started to worry it was my kidneys.
Basically I had a urine test and was told it was clear and it was generalized back pain, due to a muscle or something similar.
Anyway today I woke up with no back pain but pain in my groin, feeling pretty sick and the constant feeling to urinate, and when I do the pain does not ease and I feel like I still need to go. I looked on doctor google and he confirmed from the NHS website (the only one us with anxiety should trust) that they are all Kidney Stone problems, all the symptoms that I was feeling, lacking a high temp and bloody urine is all.

Now I suppose my question is, as I had my urine tested Friday, surely they would of picked up a problem. I don't really want to go to the doctors and fall in to the anxiety trap, but I do have groin pain pretty bad, but I'm also trying to be aware I don't have ALL the symptoms. However my anxiety is telling me because the pain wasn't in my groin it wouldn't show up until today.

Need some advise please, feeling a bit unsure what to do really.
x

panickyme
10-12-12, 12:32
Ughhhhh, if it was your kidney, kidney stones, or infection trust me you would know. I had kidney stones, the pain is unbearable, you can not walk, you are sooooooooo sick in your stomach, I had a fever, could not bend over to tie my shoe. (had a kidney infection at the same time, I could NOT go to the bathroom, and the pressure was horrible. It showed up in the blood work right away. From there x-rays, It's a pain you don't ever forget. If your pain persists go back to the GP. Do whatever you have to do, to feel better. You have been doing so well, don't let this stop you. Hope you feel better. :hugs:

Raiiboii
10-12-12, 12:57
This is the problem, I didn't have bloods done and in my Flank (below my ribs) I have been in extreme pain until today, now it's in my groin and burns when I wee. About 5 mins ago I saw tiny particals in my wee as well and I'm in agony. I'm pretty sure it's a kidney stone now and I'm really worried :(
Obviously I know people get kidney stones and they pass naturally but it's things like this that spark my health anxiety, real medical problems. :(

Annie0904
10-12-12, 13:02
I think it might be a good idea to call your doctor and ask if you could speak to a doctor on the telephone just to tell them your symptoms feel worse. It will reassure if you get advise from them :hugs:

panickyme
11-12-12, 01:41
Awww still don't feel well. I would definitely call, and tell them how bad you feel. I did not pass mine naturally, had to have them surgically done. Could just be a simple UTI and antibiotics will take care of it. Call them, insist they do more test, being you feel so bad. (and not knowing, makes us so much more anxious) ( I forgot to tell you, when they did a urine sample, blood was present) Hope you feel better soon. Good luck let me know. :hugs: