PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Clint_
10-12-12, 16:45
Hi All

I am new to this site.

I have always had anxiety but recently it has really got on top and lead to depression.

Quite a lot has changed in my life in the past 18 months and strangely once things have settled down I am in this state of mind.

Currently I am off work on docs orders (due to go back this week).

I have been taking 100mg of sertraline for the last fortnight which is starting to settle me down. I also invested in a SAD light box although not sure that is having any affect yet (only on day 3).

Cheers

Clint

vitabelle
10-12-12, 16:55
hi clint

you sound just like me!! I to have always had anxiety and recently I settled down and am very happy except all of sudden all my anxiety came back with a vengeance. I am also off work scared at the thought of going back!!

annddd I have been given sertraline...how are you finding it? I tried one tablet and had such bad side effects and didn't take another but tonight I will take half the tablet and see how I get on.

im sorry you to are feeling like this at the moment. we must stay positive no matter how hard x

nomorepanic
10-12-12, 16:55
Hi Clint_

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Mark13
10-12-12, 19:18
Hi Clint_

Welcome to the forum; hope you find the help and support you need here.

Mark

Sparkle1984
10-12-12, 21:11
Welcome to the forums Clint! :) You'll find plenty of support here.

Clint_
11-12-12, 07:31
Hi All

Thanks for the warm welcome, I will certainly read the articles for advice and tips.

Vitabelle, I am off work too and apprehensive about going back. I am going to go back this week (probably Thursday and Friday) will let you know how it goes.

My work involves a lot of analysis and when I have anxiety I find it hard to function, maybe it's time to look at something with less ambiguity.

Cheers

Clint

vitabelle
11-12-12, 10:27
yeah let me know how it goes. good luck. I know what you mean I cant even follow a tv program at the moment let alone anything else! you are being very brave going back and just be positive. sending you positiveness!! x

Clint_
12-12-12, 11:48
Thanks Vitabelle - well I am all set for tomorrow - nervous but will see how it goes - seeing a shrink on Monday so hopefully can start my CBT soon :)

Clint_
16-12-12, 08:51
Well work was actually ok on my first couple of days back, my boss is really understanding and agreed (as advised by doc) light duties until 24th Dec. He also said I could take Xmas and New Year off so I have some time off "on holiday" rather than "off sick".

My peers (who I have told) have been great and so far the experience being back has made me more optimistic. That said I think the challenge will be bigger next year when I am full duties but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Currently feel I am turning the corner but being very cautious - shrink tomorrow so let's see how that goes.

Vitabelle when do you go back to work?

Clint

ps - I bought a SAD light box - has been ok so far...

vitabelle
16-12-12, 10:46
Clint I'm so glad things went ok for you that's very positive! Take things slowly but it sounds like a great start. Very good people at work were understanding.
Good luck tomorrow, I had my first CBT over e phone it was ok will see how the next one goes. I'm supposed to go back Thursday...don't see that happening to be honest.

How are you getting on with the meds? I'm on day 5 and feel very weird confused a lot :s

Laura x

bethanyjay
16-12-12, 12:08
Hi

:welcome: to NMP Im new here, but I have found the posts very informative, hope you enjoy your stay.

Beth

Clint_
16-12-12, 19:37
Thanks Laura

I hope the CBT works for you, how was it on the phone? Think I would prefer face to face. I found going back to work was a barrier although strangely as it got nearer I felt less anxious, I hope it is ok for you.

I find the meds ok now (have just clocked up 3 weeks), they started to kick in during week 2. I find they help counter the negative thoughts and reduce the feeling of anxiety / panic. I feel they are a kind of building block to getting better.

What dose are you on 50mg?

Clint

---------- Post added at 19:37 ---------- Previous post was at 19:36 ----------

Hi

:welcome: to NMP Im new here, but I have found the posts very informative, hope you enjoy your stay.

Beth

Hi Beth - thanks for the welcome - I hope you enjoy it too :)

vitabelle
16-12-12, 19:46
The CBT was okay over the phone, I would prefer face to face also but its quit far away and im not comfortable driving at the moment. so I will just see how it goes for a while.

im very glad that the meds are kicking in for you that's great one step at a time. did you have many side effects? im still on 25mg at the moment. worrying about the side effects. :(

Clint_
16-12-12, 20:03
At first I felt light headed and lost appetite but after a few days I was ok, it helped being at home. The second day though I did feel whoozey on the train and had to sit on the floor. That's when I told my boss and got the time off.

I am on 100mg at the moment. Once I got through the first week they did settle down ok.

I hope they do for you!