PDA

View Full Version : Horrible horrible head pressure

clank
10-12-12, 17:03
I'm just getting over some type of bug that turned into a cold. And finally the cold is just about gone too. But my heads feels so unusually pressurey. It feels like my right side of my head is clogged. It doesn't feel that much like tension. My tinnitus has gotten louder in that ear too. Don't know if has to do with my sinuses finally draining and becoming un screwed up but this pressure is really bad and it's scaring me. I don't know what it could be

Tero
10-12-12, 18:20
Migraine? I can't wear headphones or caps when I have migraines.

Em84
10-12-12, 19:09
Hi

Please dont worry, this could be a number of things...Trust me im a pro when it comes to this problem.

Your could could have given you a mild sinus infection, these often clear themselves, keep an eye on it though, any longer than a week or two see doctor as antibiotics may be good to help clear.

You could have an ear infection from the cold, i recently was unwell with a sinus infection and had an ear infection at the same time. Not all ear infections are painful depending on where they are, they can however cause head pressure and i suffer with tinnitus all year round but found mine was louder and more annoying whilst this was going on....

Maybe allergies....

Either way i wouldnt worry, i dont think it would be serious but just keep an eye on it as now 1 yr later im only just starting to deal with it...im pretty sure it wasnt delt with prop the first time it happened (sinus infection) which is why i now have a constant problem....

x

clank
10-12-12, 22:14
Hi

Please dont worry, this could be a number of things...Trust me im a pro when it comes to this problem.

Your could could have given you a mild sinus infection, these often clear themselves, keep an eye on it though, any longer than a week or two see doctor as antibiotics may be good to help clear.

You could have an ear infection from the cold, i recently was unwell with a sinus infection and had an ear infection at the same time. Not all ear infections are painful depending on where they are, they can however cause head pressure and i suffer with tinnitus all year round but found mine was louder and more annoying whilst this was going on....

Maybe allergies....

Either way i wouldnt worry, i dont think it would be serious but just keep an eye on it as now 1 yr later im only just starting to deal with it...im pretty sure it wasnt delt with prop the first time it happened (sinus infection) which is why i now have a constant problem....

x
it might be a sinus infection. I have had a stuffy nose for the past few days but today it was runny. and i woke up with a bloody nose so every time i blow my nose its bloody. Not sure how that happened but oh well. My head feels a bit better. doesn't have that weird pressure anymore

I now have pressure in my upper stomach. Don't know why i have that either.

panickyme
11-12-12, 02:25
Sounds like sinus. I am also freaking out tonight over a migraine. I think I have some sinus issues starting too. If you have been blowing your nose a lot you probably irritated the vessels, and that will cause a bloody nose. (normal) Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

Anxious_gal
11-12-12, 03:19
My doctor said the there's tubes in your ears that can get blocked, I had a sinus infection too.
Pressure mainly in cheek and nose.
But also when my neck tenses up, I discovered there are muscles that go up the back of your head and can cause a pressure like sensation.
I would try some antihistamines for the sinus, or maybe those tablets/nose spray that are meant to dry out your nose, I forget the name.
Then if its no better go back to your doctor.
You may have trapped wind in your upper tummy/intestines.
Has it been long since you went to the bathroom? Or maybe you ate something that caused gas.