PDA

View Full Version : Staying sober day 5

lourah1989
10-12-12, 19:13
So Iv been sober 5 days today I usually make it to this stage my anxiety gets so bad I give in and in bk to square one stuck in a stupid little circle but I refuse this time to drink even though my anxiety is making me have the day from he'll Iv so far managed to quit smoking for two n a half weeks so I'm on a roll with that yay me ... Just wish I could break free of feeling like every breath I take is my last also does anyone now do u breath with out thinking about it alot of times I feel like I'm not breAthing or I can't feel my self breathing anyone else have this :( xxx

AuntieMoosie
11-12-12, 03:30
Oh Lourah well done hun:yesyes:

I think you're doing great and being very brave too:yesyes:

Re your breathing....I used to worry about mine a few years back so I know what it's like hun.

The best advice that I can give you is to try to distract yourself, your breathing is controlled by your brain, we don't need to think about it it's all done for us, so every time you catch yourself thinking about it, just quickly try to distract yourself with something, it does sound easier said than done, but it does work hun:)

Keep going on your recovery, sending you hugs of support hun

:bighug1::bighug1:

Tessar
11-12-12, 09:13
lourah, you are definitely being really brave & dealing with quite alot all at once. Giving up smoking must be really hard let along the alcoholt ting too. I'm with AuntieMoosie on this one. Distraction is the key. And yes, it really does sound easier said than done I know, but keeping busy somehow is really going to really help if you can manage it. Trying to get your head into something that just takes your mind off it even for a while. Even dull, boring things like housework, if you get stuck in. I hate housework but if I ever manage to do a bit I feel the achievement afterwards. I suppose its a case of replacing the habits with something else. If that something else can be positive for you even better. It's such a difficult situation for you & I'm definitely behind you. Any time you feel you need support, keep posting on here coz there are usually people about and I've found it really helpful to hear what they say when I'm down. Good luck!!!!

lourah1989
11-12-12, 17:56
Thank you so much ladies I appreciate both your comments currently on day 6 of no drinking I feel slightly happier than yesterday and ur comments have put a smile on my face xxxx love to both :)

Baggs
11-12-12, 20:24
Hi,
I've been sober for a while too. If you want to chat about that aspect, will be happy to hear from you. All the best.

Baggs

AuntieMoosie
12-12-12, 00:26
Woohoooo for Lourah and Baggs:yahoo::yahoo:

I'm so proud of you both :D

It's a tough journey but you're both doing brilliantly:yesyes:

Please both of you keep coming back to this thread cos I'd love to follow how you go and offer you lots of support and encouragement.

Sending you both hugs

:bighug1:

Baggs
12-12-12, 09:47
Thanks Auntiemoosie,
Being sober has given me the freedom to do other things, at the moment I am learning to play the keyboard - I have already played a few times at a care home close to me. Lourah, being sober is SO worth it. I wish you well.

Baggs

Tessar
12-12-12, 13:53
Thank you so much ladies I appreciate both your comments currently on day 6 of no drinking I feel slightly happier than yesterday and ur comments have put a smile on my face xxxx love to both :)
that's really good to know, smiling's really good for you!!! made me smile that you smiled.....

Jamesk
12-12-12, 14:13
Congratulations both to Baggs and Lourah well done - wish I could emulate you - you could turn it to good effect for Cancer Research next month:

http://www.dryathlon.org.uk/?gclid=CPuOmKz-lLQCFYXLtAodbRcAlA

AuntieMoosie
13-12-12, 03:15
Oh Baggs I'm so happy that you've found some lovely things to do now:D

Learning to play the keyboard and playing it in a care home is a wonderful and generous thing to do and I'm sure the residents really enjoyed listening, I know that I love music, it's such a good therapy all round for both the player and the listener:D

Please both of you keep posting on here how you're doing and what you've been doing with your time now, it's so lovely to hear when people are doing well.

But remember also come here if you're having a tough time and need some support and encouragement, I will keep checking your thread when I come in daily:D

Well done:yesyes::hugs: