PDA

View Full Version : CAN SOMEONE PLZ HELP ME??

worrying247
23-08-06, 12:55
I AM 19 YEARS OLD FEMALE AND SUFFER FROM HEALTH ANXIETY. LAST WEEK I WAS TOLD I HAD A KIDNEY INFECTION AND PRESCRIBED ANTIBIOTICS. I AM CONVINCED THAT I HAVE A TUMOUR AND IM DYING. MY SYMPTOMS ARE:
HEAVY LIKE FEELING IN THE STOMACH AND RIBS
PAIN IN MY LOWER BACK
PAIN IN STOMACH
PAIN IN GROIN AREA
NO APPETITE
I GOOGLED THE SYMPTOMS WHICH WAS A BAD MISTAKE AND DONT FIT KIDNEY INFECTIONS, THEY ALL POINT TO TUMOURS,OVARIAN CANCER ETC.
I AM TERRIFIED, PLEASE HELP ME, THIS IS KILLING ME LITERALLY!
COULD THEY BE CAUSED FROM STRESS PLUS THE INFECTION AND ANXIETY?? ANYBODY HAVE A KIDNEY INFECTION WITHH THESE SYMPTOMS?

polly daydream
23-08-06, 13:13
Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm sure if the dr has checked you over, a kidney infection is what you have, ovarian cancer symtoms don't show untill it is to late, early stages there are no symtoms, how long have you had the symtoms? weight loss is a big sign of ovarian cancer and many others.
Stress can bring alot of your symtoms on along with anxiety, I get most of them.

Try not to worry hun, it will only make your symtoms worse.

Take care,

Polly

manmoor
23-08-06, 13:18
Hi and a big warm welcome to you. Hopefully after you finish your course of antibiotics you'll be back to normal. Try not to worry as Polly says it will only make them worse.

Take Care

Mandyxx

suzanne
23-08-06, 13:19
Yes i have had a kidney infection and yes they were all the same symtons. When i was 19 i was off work for a month with it it made me really ill. Hopefully you have caught it in time, keep taking the antibiotics it will go, my daughter who is 14 she has had it too and she had those stymtons.

You will be fine.

love suzanne

s shaw

kazzie
23-08-06, 13:21
Hi my mate has recurrent kidney infections and her symptoms are just what you described!!! Take the antibiotics and im sure you will feel better soon take care kaz

Wannabeloved85
23-08-06, 14:01
Hi and welcome, you'll find a lot of help here and make some good friends.
Do yourself the biggest favour possible, DO NOT GOOGLE!! sounds so simple doesnt it?! but i know it isnt! Only when you decide to truly stick to the rule will you find its simple.
Health anxiety is scary enough, but putting symptoms and the odd little tingle down to a majour illness and cancer will just triple your fears.
At present your body is very sensitized {have i said that right? lol} Your going to feel every little heart beat etc. This is what anxiety does! especially if you focus on nothing but anxiety and numourous illness's.
Keep in touch and if oyu have any question just ask these friendly folks at no more panic, theyre good at reasuring!
Becci x

lainey
23-08-06, 14:15
Hi there and welcome to the site, you'll get loads of help and support here. I cannot really add anymore than the others have already said and it does sound very much like a kidney infection.

Take care

Eliane x

worrying247
23-08-06, 19:05
Thank you guys. I guess I will just stop foccussing on the symptoms so much and eventually they will go away, I have had them for a week or more.

-Jen

honeybee3939
23-08-06, 19:39
Hi Jen

I am sure its a Kidney infection too, i had a kidney infection last year and had all the same symptoms as you, i was put on antibiotics also, took around 2 weeks for the infection to go.

Hope you feel better soon

love

Andrea
xxx

alicia123
24-08-06, 10:23
Hi Jen,

Years ago someone advised me to go along and get every test I could for everything I was worried about and then when all the tests came back negative I could stop worrying about physical stuff that didn't exist and concentrate on what was happening in my emotional landscape.

It was good advice.[^]

Best wishes,

alicia

This helped me (so I don't go on about it!):
www.alphadynamics.com

hunny
24-08-06, 10:32
Hi

I ve had a kidney infection and had the symptoms you had.You do not have anything more sinister than a kidney infection
The smptoms of a kidney infection can be really horrid,but they will go,really

Hunny x

net
24-08-06, 16:37
hi

its definately a kidney infection they are painful and make you really ill

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

dinkydoo
24-03-08, 21:16
Hi All. me again, I am reading these posts with interest. I have been on antibiotics for about two weeks now, just had a two day break, for a persistent kidney infection. Pain in back, fluctuates as to what side it is on, tenderness round bottom of ribs etc, no real ''weeing'' symptoms. Have been drinking loads to try and flush it out. Of course, health anxiety has kicked in big time, and I am worried it maybe cancer of the kidneys or kidney failure.
It does not feel quite so bad today but is there nigglin away. Thing is I picked up a new prescription today for more antibiotics, and I am too scared to take them, the list of possible side effects are nasty to say the least, pulmonary lung problems, jaundice, swelling of face/joints, I am so scared, and have not had one yet, picked them up at lunch time. Am making myself drink loads of cranberry juice today, think I will go back to Doc and just be honest, and ask for more of the previous antibiotics but a longer course.
Am I the only one who reads all the side effects and then gets scared?
Why is my kidney infection taking so long to go? Feel really worried. Husbamd sick of me talking about my health. My little girl is having her tonsils out tomo so I am triple neurotic at the moment.