PDA

View Full Version : How long do your panic attack symptoms usually last?

deejay94
10-12-12, 22:44
Just yesterday I had the worst panic attack I have had since January and I am still feeling panicked. I have had no sleep either, tried to go to sleep, tossed and turned, got up and ended up staying up all night.

Most of my panic attacks don't last very long so this is something new for me, very worried at the moment and my HA is coming back again.

Thumbelina
11-12-12, 01:32
Hi deejay,
With me this episode first time in 1,5 years - my first attack was just just shakes - cant breathe for about 20 min 1 followed by being totally spaced out for 2 days. I could t sleep a minute for the next few days. Then all of anx symptoms kicked in - diarhea, sickness, total deRealisation, palpitations non stop, terrible shakes, depressed mood, obsessive thoughts...., I had to take leave from work....Total disfunctional state for around 10 days min. I had to go to the hospital for dehydration. I went back to the doc after long break 7 days after attack and stared cipralex 5 mg again. Some symptoms continued for longer and still popping up every day, especially breathig thing.
Sleeping very slowly returned 2 weeks since 1st attack.
Other symptoms very slowly fade away now. It will be 1m on 17th of Dec. i really hope i will be totally out of the woods by then.
Its different for everybody though the symptoms are mainly what brigs us down during these times and then when we let it drag on it starts bringing us down and then its much harder to recover...
I hope you will forget soon you had this last attack.

dealswithpanic
11-12-12, 17:10
Most of the panic attacks that I have encountered lasted about 20 minutes, while some where greater than an hour.

ricardo
11-12-12, 17:28
I have never quite understood why or how long a panic attack should last if in fact one can actually time it.
I feel that the after effects can vary enourmously from recovering within an hour or so to sometimes feeling jellied legged for up to two days, plus all the other nasties.

I wake up every single morning with mild shaking and a racing heart but controlable.Again this can vary from being milder to more severe, day in and day out.

Col
11-12-12, 19:44
Hi deejay, I threaded yesterday because my HA and panic attacks have subsided since I first started with them last February . But unfortunately last couple of weeks, started getting adrenaline rush, and had it 3 times over 2 weeks then Sunday that's just passed, was in town and breathless, disorientated , weirdedness , felt absolutely awful.
So worried! I never ever want to go back to that dark dark place and also can't really understand the trigger this time. I'm always encapsulated by stress, so nothing significant to trigger it off at this specific time??? My thoughts are with you, this reoccurrence is new to me too, I thought I'd hit rock bottom & was on the way back up but it's starting to pull me down, again.

Thinking of u, keep strong:hugs: