PDA

View Full Version : Lifelong sufferer of anxiety here.

Wolf At The Door
10-12-12, 22:56
Heya, I've suffered from high levels of anxiety all my life, ever since my childhood. I used to think I'd never see my parents again if they left the house. It ruined my school life because I used to think everybody hated me (which is the thing that actually caused people to dislike me). I find it very hard to form relationships and I worry about my health constantly.

I have HIV test and job interview tomorrow and I'm scared.

I chose my username after a song that sums up my anxiety:

"I keep the wolf from the door
But he calls me up
Calls me on the phone
Tells me all the ways that he's gonna mess me up
Steal all my children
If I don't pay the ransom
But I'll never see them again
If I squeal to the cops"

Tonight I feel as though I've done something wrong and I don't know what or why.

nomorepanic
10-12-12, 23:06
Hi Wolf At The Door

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Annie0904
10-12-12, 23:08
Hi :welcome:

Mark13
10-12-12, 23:10
Welcome to the forum

I'm sure you'll find plenty of support and help here.

You're not alone, we all know how you feel because we're going through it too.

We can all help one another.

Mark

Wolf At The Door
10-12-12, 23:26
Thank you,

I just want to know how to stay calm when things are worrying me irrationally, but as long as there's a possibility with anxiety, it becomes a probability in my mind.

Logic just doesn't mix with it.

panickyme
11-12-12, 00:11
Just wanted you to know you are not alone, I feel the same and I wish I had an answer for us. Talking to people on here does make you feel better, and reading all the articles. Hope you feel better soon.:)