PDA

View Full Version : I feel so stupid

sapphire
23-08-06, 13:34
I was out walking the dog today when a woman in a car stopped and asked me if she was near a certain place. What she asked for is the name of a small town and also a road and at first I thought she meant the road and I wasn't sure/couldn't be bothered to describe where it was to her (I know it's bad). So I said I was new to the area and didn't know. Then she asked where she was and I realised she might have been asking for the area instead of the road and I just didn't know what to say to her.

Now I just feel like a complete idiot who shouldn't even be allowed out in public - let alone speak to people. It just feels like I always get it wrong.

Does anyone else ever feel like this?

boy
23-08-06, 14:08
I used to all the time. Recently when someone was nasty to me I felt like it again and realised just how bad I felt for a long time a few years ago without realising it.

If you were a rapist or a murderer, or any sort of criminal I'd think you shouldn't be allowed in public. Assuming you're not, I think you should be allowed to do what you want! :)

tnt808
23-08-06, 17:01
I don't think you should feel stupid. She caught you off guard a bit, happens to us all at times.
I agree that you should def be allowed to be out in public!!:)

Good luck,

Tina

Jonathan
22-09-06, 16:45
Yesterday, I was out and I needed to know where a certain place was. The chap I asked began to chat to me and I just wanted to be out of there. He mentioned a really bad traffic jam and I told him him that I was worried I'd be late because of it and that's why I was wanting to know where to get to, so I could get there in time. He said "oh do you drive then?" and I was ashamed that my Mum had driven me because I'm in my thirties and should be driving myself about but need Mum because she helps me when I get a panic attack and lied outright. I said "no, I went on the bus." Immediately I said this, I felt horrid and by the time I'd thanked him and walked off, I told myself that I was scum, didn't deserve to be out and that I should go home as soon as possible and climb into bed and that's exactly what I did. Even as I'm writing this, I'm thinking about what I said and hating myself.

Piglet
22-09-06, 17:09
I can be quite ridiculous when I am out too!! [:I]:D

Although I am most certainly not the only one.

Once I went to a wedding in Burnley and stopped and asked a man "do you know the way to Burnley Register Office please".
"Yes love I do" he replied, and with that he walked off!!!!!!

Us northern folk can be terribly literal at times![:I]:D Took me flippin hours to find it too!

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.