PDA

View Full Version : Scared to death, waiting for results

justina
11-12-12, 10:13
I have written about this already in the "ladies section", now I need to handle my anxiety so I write here as well.

I have gynaecological problems and the gynae tested me for two different gynaecological cancers. She sent the tests for URGENT ANALYSIS:scared15:

She said to me that she is not worried, the urgency is just because Christmas is near and otherwise I might have to wait until mid January.

Does this sound credible to you? Wasn't she just trying to avoid me getting into panic?

She mentioned that my problems could be caused by a sort of infection, she treated the infection with a liquid and today my problems are better. This could be a good sign, I know, but I really can't stop freaking out as my symptoms are also very typical of cancer. It's the first word that comes up when I google them (yes I know I know but I can't control myself:blush:)

I saw my usual gynaecologist a few weeks ago, he only did an ultrasound and didn't think any further investigation was necessary as he did not see anything strange. (The reason I went to the second gynae is my problems persisted and the usual gynae is on holiday now until mid January.)

I will get the results on Tuesday (one week). I don't know how to survive until Tuesday honestly, and if I get bad news I don't know how to continue living. I am so scared that I can hardly breath. It is awful.

I don't know what to do, I am very desperate and I can't handle my anxiety at all.

almamatters
11-12-12, 10:20
Hi Justina I know how you feel, just wanted to send you :hugs: :hugs: and to say I am thinking of you. xxxxx

justina
11-12-12, 10:25
Hi Justina I know how you feel, just wanted to send you :hugs: :hugs: and to say I am thinking of you. xxxxx

Oh thanks, and good luck today:hugs:

Annie0904
11-12-12, 10:42
They will just want to rule out anything serious as soon as possible but that doesn't mean that is what they think it may be. I was the same, they sent me straight in for tests but it was just polyps. :hugs:

crystal17
11-12-12, 11:11
Hi, I think it does sound like a plausible explanation the Dr gave, does she know you are have anxiety? If so then she might have thought its a good idea to rush them through so you don't have to spend weeks waiting and worrying.

I had the same when I went to see a doctor I knew and needed some blood tests. He told me he'd put them through as 'URGENT' and I panicked wondering why and he said it was because he didn't want me to sit and worry and that the sooner I knew then sooner my mind would be at rest.

justina
11-12-12, 11:14
No, this gynae was new to me and knows nothing about my HA...sent tests as urgent anyway...:scared15:

almamatters
11-12-12, 11:42
I agree my GP has asked for results to be sent quick as he knows I worry so much. :flowers:

Annie0904
11-12-12, 11:44
No, this gynae was new to me and knows nothing about my HA...sent tests as urgent anyway...:scared15:

It would be on your records though that you suffer from anxiety. As soon as they log into my files it pops up with 'acute anxiety'