PDA

View Full Version : Every Single Morning!!!!

JsMom
10-06-04, 14:41
Hello all! I am new here. My name is Jenelle and I live in California. I have suffered with panic and anxiety for most of my adult life.

For the past 2 years, I wake up every single morning with horrible anxiety. The butterflies in my stomach make me so nauseous and I am running to the bathroom first thing in the morning. I have to take .5 mg of Ativan just to get myself functioning. It usually takes me a couple of hours to feel like I can get through my day.

Every night when I go to sleep, I tell myself I won't have the horrible anxiety and every morning I wake up with it. It is like this doom is hanging over my head.

Is it going to be like this for the rest of my life? Is there anyway for me to get a grip on this? It is taking over my life!! :(

Jenelle

april tones
10-06-04, 14:45
hi jenelle, what are you taking or doing to treat this? do you exercise to help your symptoms? love april xx

apriltones

JsMom
10-06-04, 14:46
Hi April!

I am currently taking 75 mg of Zoloft and about .5-1mg of Ativan daily. I haven't started an exercise program yet. Does that help alleviate this anxiety?

Jenelle

Meg
10-06-04, 15:36
Hi Janelle,

Exercise is a great help as is what you eat.

You might want to read First Steps on the website or in the introduction section of this forum.

You could try rescue remedy ( put it in the search facility up top for explanation if you need it ) at bedtime and to sip if you awake in the night and take neat upon wakening .

Also drink some fizzy water first thing and try to get a few burps going , plus think about what you're actually nervous of/ what you're thinking about or whether this is now an established pattern and you need to press through it time and again to break the habit.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

Tessie28
10-06-04, 16:42
Hi Jenelle,
so it's not just living in rainy old Britain that gives us the anxiety then:D? Just joking it doesn't matter where you are does it. But you have come to the right place the people on here are brilliant and will give you lots of support.
Take care,
Tess

seh1980
10-06-04, 16:46
Hi Jenelle,
I find that exercise definetly does help reduce the anxiety. It doesn't have to anything too rigorous - I normally find that walking around town for a little while does it for me. If I don't do it, I do find that I feel anxious in bed at night and when I wake up the next day.
Take care.
Sarah (seh1980)

april tones
10-06-04, 16:59
exercise helps me too. How long you been on meds/ have you had review with doctor yet?

apriltones

vernon
10-06-04, 21:22
Hi Jsmom, I have like yourself suffered anxiety, Panic and agoraphobia most of my life. Although with me it comes for a year or so then leaves again each time with different symptoms. This time it returned just before Xmas and like you I feel so anxious in the mornings not long after waking its real horrible. I am on antidepressants but not tranquillisers and like you I sometimes have to take a Valium to calm down; I also have to run to the toilet. Sometimes it’s so frightening and I shake real bad, but this usually seems to pass after I get up but takes a few hours. Other times it don’t pass and leaves me unbelievable tired. Well I cant help you with this morning anxiety but thought you would feel better to know you are not alone with these horrible symptoms take care hope it passes soon Vernon

april tones
11-06-04, 20:25
hi vernon and jenelle. That is where i used to run too to escape my panic attacks. Its funny that we choose toilet, love ap[ril x

apriltones

lainey
13-06-04, 12:29
Hi JsMom

I also suffer with horrible jitters in my stomach every morning, some mornings worse than others. I find exercise helps me and finding a quiet place to do some relaxing breathing exercises. I am having reflexology sessions and yesterday the therapist told me that every morning when I wake up and every evening before I go to sleep I shhould repeat these words about 20 times " every day in every way I feel more and more relaxed",I don't know if it will help but it's worth a try.Am going to do some strenuous gardening now to try and get rid of the butterflies !! Take care of yourself, speak soon.

Elaine

jo-jo
13-06-04, 12:53
Hi there JsMom

Good to see you here at the forum, it is a really brilliant place and has been sanctuary to me since my panic attacks started getting really bad.

Meg is right, the fizzy drink thing helps even if it doesn't seem very polite burping away when you wake up! Exercise is good too, if you're just starting out why not take a nice stroll early evening time? It'll help you sleep better and may help to shake of those jittery feelings.

Love Jo xx

blossom
13-06-04, 18:40
from Blossom. I have been having palpitations that seem to choke me in the throat for a few weeks now, am already on Inderal SR 80mgs, but these do not seem to help, trouble is I listen to it and am aware of my heart beating all the time, it makes me so panicky. I am taking Cipralex 10mgs and of course the valium which I am addicted to, can anyone please tell me if they have the same feelings and what to do, I try hard to put my mind on something else but am still aware of the choking sensation, it is making the agoraphobia worse and the anxiety, cant get out now, Would Meg know anything about Cipralex, I was on Citalopram prior to that. Please help thankyou love Blossom,I have not any appetite at all, would that cause any trouble, The Doctor also altered my thyroid pill to 75mcgs one day and 100mcgs the next would that cause it.

Meg
13-06-04, 19:42
The doctor would have changed your thyroid tablets according to blood results..but thyroid and anxiety do go hand in hand.

I've already answered your last post about Cipralex and haven't got any additional information I'm afraid.

The palipations are well known to all of us and providing they are anxiety ones they will go once you are able to ignore them sufficiently.

Hope it all settles down Blossom

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone