PDA

View Full Version : Head Pressure and new anxiety

Lucy88
11-12-12, 14:17
Hi Guys,

firstly I'd like to thank everyone on this site, it has been an absolute godsend.

I got diagnosed with Anxiety in March after numerous symptoms scaring the life out of me for weeks. My attacks were uncontrollable. Mainly head pressure/aches, lightheadedness and convincing myself I had a tumor!! Since getting diagnosed my anxiety attacks have calmed down (I think knowing what was wrong with me really calmed my mind down) and I have been learning to live/deal and cope with this, infact I have been attack free for about a month now!

However, earlier this week I started getting headaches ( apart from March time I never have been a sufferer of headaches! ) And although I know it's similar to my feelings that diagnosed me with Anxiety in the first place, I can't stop googling my symptoms and convincing myself I have a brain tumor!!

I have insane head pressure that comes on all of a sudden, and little random sharp stabbing pains that go as easily as they come. My anxiety is coming back and I cannot stop thinking about it. Help Please!!!! :( I have just had to escape from my office to the toilet to calm myself down - I feel ridiculous.

Thanks Guys xxxxxxxxx

chris39
11-12-12, 14:43
Hi.

I know the head ache and shooting pains.

Through anxiety and tensing myself up in situations I have trapped nerves in the past and have seen Neurologists and had MRI's.

DR Google is not a good move.

Lucy88
11-12-12, 15:04
Thanks Chris,

I suppose I just need to know I'm not alone and it's nothing to worry too much about, yano? Xxxxxxxx

vitabelle
11-12-12, 15:13
your not alone. i have these also for years i have had head pains and worried about them...i still do but just think when you are anxious how much you tense up your neck etc and stress and anxiety itself causes headaches/pains and all sorts. try to tell yourself its just a symptom of the anxiety xx