PDA

View Full Version : Mrs

wendover
11-12-12, 23:03
Hello. I am a 65 year old retired headteacher, married with two grown up children. I used to be a very confident out-going person but had some problems with mental health in my twenties with depression.
I pursued a career in teaching and married in my thirties having my first child when i was 35 and my second four years later. I gave up teaching but we moved around a lot because of my husbands work and I wanted to be there for the children. I took up work again when my youngest child was two combining some paid work and some voluntary, all related to young children and their families.
Eventually when my second chid started school I took on a part time job and then an additional part time job. At this time my parents became ill so I became a carer as well. This continued for many years and led to my general anxiety disorder which is now chronic.

Annie0904
11-12-12, 23:07
Hi :welcome: I am sure you will find lots of support here :hugs:

Mark13
11-12-12, 23:09
Welcome to the forum.

You've certainly found a good place to be for GAD. I found lots of help and advice in the few days I've been here.

Mark

nomorepanic
11-12-12, 23:14
Hi wendover

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.