PDA

View Full Version : Will it ever end?????

snoopy38
12-12-12, 06:52
I'm sorry to moan but I just wanted to let off some steam. I'm just so fed up of feeling like this!!!!! 8 weeks tomorrow of fluoxetine and propranolol and I'm not better. Had a bad night last night and have churning tummy, upset tummy, tight throat etc. I've been doing everything to help myself but I really thought I'd be better by now. I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall and getting nowhere. I'm sorry to sound off but to my friends and family I feel like I have to show that I'm being positive all the time but sometimes I just don't feel like it.

Baggs
12-12-12, 09:30
Hi Snoopy,
I know what you mean, doing everything to help yourself but getting nowhere, wading against the tide all the time. As you have done 8 weeks on your meds I would stick with them, sometimes it takes a while for these things to work. With mine (Duloxetine) it took a couple of months. Prozac worked for me when I took it some years ago and I felt brilliant, I hope it does the same for you.
All the best.

Baggs.

snoopy38
12-12-12, 10:00
Thanks Baggs. I know I've recovered before but when you're in this it feels like you're never going to get better doesn't it? I just thought that by now I'd be more like my old self and this makes me doubt the meds. I start with the old uncertainty of should I change or increase, are they working etc but I am better than I was so something must be working somewhere. I can't believe what a negative moaner I must come across as on here but I am worried that friends and family will get fed up of me. When I'm better I'll post about how great things are. :-) x