PDA

View Full Version : Blood test again

kirstynic
12-12-12, 11:32
Hi

I have posted a bit lately which shows me my health anxiety is bad again :(

The doctor sent me for a blood test last week as I have persistent swollen lymph nodes in my neck, I have had a ultrasound twice and they havent grown and were just described as reactive.

So my blood test last week was abnormal as predicted, all was ok apart from my red blood cells which are small?! Doctor wants me to have another blood test which I am tomorrow and this time I have seen on the blood test form the things I am being tested for and it has got me anxious

Clinical details says microcytosis which means small red blood cells

I am being tested for ferritin,blood film, heamoglobin and electrophoresis?

I am convinced I am riddled with cancer of sorts due to my swollen lymph nodes, and breat pain as well as weird pain in my collarbone :( any one who can help please do :weep:

rachee24
12-12-12, 12:02
if there was anything serious with ur lymph nodes it wudda shown in ur white blood cells which they r perfectly fine as the doctor didnt mention anything about those the small red blood cells probably mean ur slighlty low on iron hence y hes checkin your ferritin. i had a feritin check this time last year turns out i was low on iron i was then prewscibed iron tabs no big deal! i kno ots hard not to worry im googling all the time. if anything was serious in the bloods he wudda sent u for urgent tests at the hospital. can i as where your lymph nodes r in ur neck?

kirstynic
12-12-12, 12:32
I have 1 node i can feel behind my ear and the others were picked up on ultrasound and are on the left side of my neck.

I ahve been googling like mad today and have found that microcytosis anemia can be caused by chronic disease such as breast cancer :weep:

mollymalloy
12-12-12, 17:28
A friend of mine had that a few years ago and it was due to low iron in her system, she was put on high dosage of iron tablets for a prolonged period.

She had other symptoms also, always tired and quite pale.

Hope that is what it is for you and nothing else and that you get the help you need.

almamatters
12-12-12, 17:50
Hi I have posted regularly about swollen nodes I have three behind left ear, and they are quite painful. As my GP has checked them loads of times, and I have had numerous blood tests, he has said we need to draw a line under them and not keep talking about them at appointments. I am struggling and want to mention them again at my next appointment . I still have weird lump collar bone and pain, if your have had your nodes scanned and your previous blood tests are fine , then try and be reassured. :hugs:

kirstynic
14-12-12, 11:59
Well just rang up for results for my follow up blood test and the receptionist said the doctor has looked at them at nothing extra is required or needs to be followed up ?! So does that mean they were normal?!

Mark13
14-12-12, 12:42
Annoying, isn't it when they're not clear.

Yes, I would certainly say it means that there are no causes for concern.

If there was they'd discuss it with you (call you in).

kirstynic
14-12-12, 13:08
To someone else like when I told my husband he was like oh that's good they are normal but to me I am still thinking really?! Could they have gone back to normal since last week

rachee24
14-12-12, 13:55
yep everythings healthy xx