PDA

View Full Version : Side effects from medication ?

SHYGIRLAJB
12-12-12, 12:11
Hello everyone

I have just started some new medication for my daily headaches. I have noticed that I have been feeling so tired and feeling more hungry than normal. I was just wondering how you cope with your side effects and things :) . Many thanks in advance.

Mark13
12-12-12, 14:08
Out of interest, which medication are you on?

As for side effects, the 2 anxiety meds I'm on (Pregabalin & Mirtazapine) both give me the munchies and are associated with weight gain. So I count my food by following a popular diet plan, and get lots of exercise. I'm 4 stone overweight, but I've maintained that over the past few years I've been on Mirtazapine - the Pregabalin is a recent addition.

I also get tiredness, foggy head, memory problems and concentration deficits from these drugs, but I keep detailed notes / to-do lists at work to overcome this.

The side effects are worth it for me for the benefits these medications bring.

Mark

chl_hobbs
12-12-12, 14:33
Yep recently starting any medication can play havoc in your system for a while :( Mark, we seem very similar at the moment...Im also on pregabalin (anxiety), and I noticed on another post youve been having chest pains/arm pain/constant burping too. Am so nervy at the moment,am glad this site exists-helps me a lot!
Charlotte

Mark13
12-12-12, 14:37
Hi Charlotte

So as not to hijack the OP's thread, I'll set up a post in the Lyrica / Pregabalin forum, I'd be really interested to hear your experiences of the drug, if you would be so kind.

Mark

SHYGIRLAJB
21-12-12, 18:32
Hi, everyone

Thanks for your replies. I am taking pizotifen 0.5mg, for my headaches . So far they seem to do the trick. Yeah , I get the odd headache here and there. At least it isn't all of the time like before. I still feel constantly hungry and so tired . Hmmm

SHYGIRLAJB
24-12-12, 13:47
Hmmm