PDA

View Full Version : Increased Appetite?!

Ghostd
12-12-12, 14:07
Has anyone else experienced increased appetite on Fluoxetine? I can't get rid of the hunger now. After the first few weeks I lost 6lbs and felt quite woozy but now my appetite is through the roof and I've put on 10lbs in 11weeks.My Pdoc said this wasn't due to the Fluoxetine as it is an appetite suppressant but I feel I had more control over food and ate less before. I'm seriously considering flushing the rest of the pills down the toilet!

Mark13
12-12-12, 14:20
Never had appetite problems with Prozac, although I was only on it for a month. It is, as you say, associated with appetite suppression rather than increase.

Maybe, you're just feeling better and the increase is natural?

I'm on Pregabalin and Mirtazapine, both of which give the most heinous munchies, but these can be lessened with a bit of effort.

I think your symptoms are probably just a phase and will settle down, but if it continues to cause you a problem, obviously you may want to discuss alternatives with your GP.

Mark

Ghostd
12-12-12, 14:26
Never had appetite problems with Prozac, although I was only on it for a month. It is, as you say, associated with appetite suppression rather than increase.

Maybe, you're just feeling better and the increase is natural?

I'm on Pregabalin and Mirtazapine, both of which give the most heinous munchies, but these can be lessened with a bit of effort.

I think your symptoms are probably just a phase and will settle down, but if it continues to cause you a problem, obviously you may want to discuss alternatives with your GP.

Mark

Thanks Mark,

It may be the case that the Prozac makes me feel less inhibited about eating a lot and I have that 'I'll sort it tomorrow' attitude.Prozac seems to make me care less about things in general.i feel incredibly apathetic,again the Pdoc said this wasn't the Prozac but a symptom of my illness.