PDA

View Full Version : numbness

spuder
12-12-12, 15:55
hi all havent been on for a while hope u all are ok. right i am worried about my hand it gets going numb for no reason i googled and it said carpel tunnel has any 1 had this please

nomorepanic
12-12-12, 17:44
I am being treated for it but they can't decide if I have it or not at the moment. We do have loads of posts about it on here.

You can get referred for nerve conduction tests to see if you have it and the doctor can do simple tests as well.

spuder
12-12-12, 18:02
thanks nic hope ur ok and merry christmas

sades101
12-12-12, 18:11
I've had carpal tunnel - or that's what I was told it was... when I was pregnant, I didn't realise it could be something that you just 'have' also I was told you can get it from sleeping funny with your hand tucked weirdly as my mum was given this hand thing that made sure when she slept she wouldn't bend her hand backwards which was causing her hand to go numb etc... I know this is no help, but just letting you know that my mum had that and maybe try the thing that keeps your hand in place when you sleep?

nomorepanic
12-12-12, 19:12
thanks nic hope ur ok and merry christmas

and to you too :yesyes:

spuder
13-12-12, 13:29
thanks sades it has helped ill see how it goes after xmas then go docs

meche
13-12-12, 15:16
I went to the doctor with random numbness/pain in my right arm/hand last year thinking it was CP but she ruled that out. CP is usually localised to one point whereas my pain was in different spots. Turns out I had RSI due to the way I rest my right arm when using my mouse. I've had to rearrange my desk so that my arm isn't over stretched and supported. It worked!

Jarod
13-12-12, 19:40
I had numbness and the doc did an x-ray of my neck and found that my nerve passages were to small and it was pinching them when I turned my head a bit the numbness only happens when I turn my head though