PDA

View Full Version : VERY bad day, and I'm close to the edge

chl_hobbs
12-12-12, 19:35
Today I have been very very bad with anxiety that Ive had at least 2 panic attacks and I took myself to a+e this morning. Ive had these chest pains since Friday and(even though my GP said it was muscular), convinced it was my heart, went in to a+e at 10am today (again, didnt tell anyone...)

They did a thyroid test and an ecg but that was it. I wanted an xray or a scan of my heart, as the past few chest xrays Ive had a 'slight enlargement of the heart' whereas last year my xrays were normal. No drs have been concerned about this 'enlargement' but I am... and now what with the chest pains Im convinced. WHY wont they do a scan??? I know Im only 29 but it happens. The ECG was normal.

I left a+e exhausted, then came home and started getting the pains again, especially sharp when I breathe deeply in. My arm is still very painful in the right arm from the phlebitis I had from an IV a month ago.. The D-Dimers (Ive had 3, the last one 2 weeks ago) for clots all came back negative. However, now I think and am so worried that I have a PE from this phlebitis which has caused a DVT and because my arm is painful anyway i havent noticed??? The dr did look at my arm for a few seconds, but as the d - dimers were negative (weeks ago), she didnt comment on it.

I feel so so scared. Theyre saying the pains are anxiety but I have so many other factors that im worried it's much worse :( Im considering having a lorazepam tonight, havent had one in months, but Im scared if i do i wont notice the breathing difficulties etc...

Charlotte x

kenboon
12-12-12, 19:45
Hi,

These are all classic symptoms by the sounds of it. When I first started with Anxiety, I was exactly the same. A few trips to hospital, blood tests ect ect. Drs every couple of days thinking I had a stroke because by whole arm had shooting pains. Have you looked at this page? http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms

I found this so helpful when I first started with this disorder.