PDA

View Full Version : caught a stomach bug

danivsdani
13-12-12, 05:13
my brother's had diarrhea since saturday and he was throwing up so i've been avoiding him like the plague because i'm terrified of being sick! last time i was sick was two years ago and i passed out on the toilet!! then i hid in my brother's room so i could overreact in private for a few days. so like i said he's been sick so i've been avoiding him and trying not to touch anything he has etc. and i thought i was in the clear but i've just been to the bathroom with diarrhea. his doctor says there's a bug going around and these kids get diarrhea for up to 7 days. i'm pretty scared of getting too weak to take care of myself or getting dehydrated. i have no where to hide and overreact in private anymore :weep:

vicky23
14-12-12, 09:07
aww no I'm sorry you're not well!
How are you today?? There is the chance that the D was just a random thing maybe your body reacting to your anxiety so if you're better today that's great!
If not; the Dr told me that dehdration in adults is very rare from bugs. Mainly it's just kids they worry about. Eat plain things like crackers and toast and just keep drinking lots of water. Perhaps fill the biggest bottle you have and bring everything you'll need to your room so you dont have to do multipule trips.
I know it's seriously awful but it will pass!
X

danivsdani
15-12-12, 08:41
thanks for the reply vicky! I can't seem to log in hope this gets through but the D only happened once and ever since then I feel the urge to go like RIGHT AWAY and I also feel very nauseous but when I try to go I'm pretty much constipated. I, of course, am now convinced of all sorts of terrible things. Too many things to list here. I feel awful and my sister's boyfriend is here and we're celebrating his birthday so I don't want to spoil anyone's fun by mentioning anything to anyone. :weep:

Anxious_gal
15-12-12, 10:22
You associate being sick with fainting? It's natural you feel scared of it happening again, but it more than likely wont but that doesn't really help the fear!

With getting dehydrated you need water sugar and salt.
So you could buy some sports drinks, or simply drink some chicken soup, tea, sprite, water . . . .
It's very preventable. Drink enough so that when you pee the colour is clear.
The darker your urine the more dehydrated you are.

You can get pills over the counter to help you not go to the bathroom so much, if they don't work the ones the doctor gives you should.

A hot water bottle can help with the tummy pains.

danivsdani
15-12-12, 16:18
thanks anxious_gal for the reply :D at this point i think i can say i'm feeling a little better. i don't want to jinx it though! i'm trying to figure out what to eat that won't make my tummy angry.

---------- Post added at 11:18 ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 ----------

i'm now having sinus related issues this is cruel and unusual

Lizziesaurus
15-12-12, 22:59
I too have heard about this bug, a girl at work has had it (as has most of her sons class at school) and she's been coming to work. Well, today I've had a 'funny tummy' should we say, I'm hoping it's nothing, I hate feeling sick, being sick I'm ok with, but that nauseous feeling, arghhhh :weep:

I hope you feel better soon, fingers crossed we're both ok :hugs:

danivsdani
17-12-12, 04:49
I am all better now Lizzie I hope you're feeling okay :D