PDA

View Full Version : numbing of emotions

anxious2
13-12-12, 13:55
I have been taking sertraline now for over 6 months and am now on 100mg, found these really easy to go on compared to others I have tried and I have seen some improvement but still have anxiety spells, I am a bit anxious as to whether these tablets are numbing my emotions, I don't cry as much, just usually when hormonal and not sure about other feelings, so have now started to question my feeling ie is this how I'd feel if weren't on these tablets. How does anybody else feel on these, normal emotions?

joylewis
13-12-12, 14:35
Thing is if it is helping and you feel good then id think about if you want to be suffering with your depression with out this.
Deppression can be very hard and this is common for you to feel like this, its a choice to not take them but all I do is cry when deppressed and would do anything to lift that feeling.
Hope you make the right decision x

anxious2
13-12-12, 14:58
It is helping in that I'm more interested in things again, am gonna give them a few more months to see how things go, thanks for the reply

joylewis
13-12-12, 18:51
Good luck x

philj
30-01-13, 00:27
i too have experience this. i have been tking 50mg zoloft for about 6 months like yourself.

I think it may be just our minds questioning us feelign mroe emotionally balanced.

Like sometimes i expect myself to be feeling depressed and anxius after being liek that for so long. Its like i send a little probe into my brain to see if the anxiety/depression is still there and i get no response and in turn it makes me feel numb. On the other hand though i do kinda think it is how we whould be feeling normally whislt on the med as i have had moment where i have just thought " this feels like a time before i had anxiety/depression"

kind of like a dejavoo

anybody expereinced this also?