PDA

View Full Version : Hello! I'm new here, and figured it's only polite to introduce myself.

Pathojen
13-12-12, 22:46
My name is Jennie and I am a 23 year old woman living in the United States. I have been dealing with depression, anxiety and Hypochondriasis for as long as I can recall, and lately [with the season, I suppose] I've been having a more difficult time dealing with these things alone. I have a very supportive boyfriend who tries to calm me down when I'm having panic attacks and "talk some sense in me" when my anxiety flares up, but I find it very difficult to actually discuss everything in my head with him because I don't believe he will ever be able to fathom what it feels like to be completely out of control of your body, mind and emotions.

I just stopped doing therapy a few months ago after several sessions of EMDR and plenty of sessions of talk therapy, but being without insurance at the time, the bills piled up, which wasn't much of a help when it came to my anxiety. I do feel as if I'm doing much better than I was before therapy, but sometimes I really just need someone to talk to who knows what I'm going through. That's where you guys come in, hopefully. :]

Thanks for reading, and I hope to get to know you all very well. If you have any questions for me, feel free to respond or PM me... I feel like I'm going to be here often, and for a while.

Mark13
13-12-12, 22:56
Hi Jennie

Welcome to the forum.

We're mostly Brits here but I'm sure you'll get used to our terminology :)

Hope you find the support and help you need on these boards.

nomorepanic
13-12-12, 22:56
Hi Pathojen

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Pathojen
13-12-12, 23:11
Hi Jennie

Welcome to the forum.

We're mostly Brits here but I'm sure you'll get used to our terminology :)

Hope you find the support and help you need on these boards.

Yeah, I'm sure that there are plenty of American forums that can help me deal with my issues as they sit, but in the back of my mind I find comfort in talking to all of you knowing that I won't run into anyone I may know [as unlikely as that might be], and knowing that most of you are so far away gives me more of an anonymous feel, allowing me to be completely open and honest. I hope you all can find a way to look past my Americanisms. ;] Thank you for the warm welcome.

Baggs
13-12-12, 23:18
I love it, that you won't run into any of us... good one. Welcome to the forum

Baggs

Sparkle1984
13-12-12, 23:31
Welcome to the forums Jennie! :) I'm sure you'll find plenty of support here.