PDA

View Full Version : I'm new and was hoping for some help!

Jessimaka
14-12-12, 15:34
Hi everyone,

My name is Jessica. I'm doing a B.A. Interior design and am in my final year of university. Last year I was diagnosed with Agoraphobia and Panic disorder. It's been a bit of a rough road since then to say the least!
I've only recently discovered forums as a method of helping to get through the hard times. It's reassuring knowing there are other people going through what I'm going through and that I'm not alone in this. So I thought I would introduce myself and say hello to everyone!

Another reason for my post (and why I mentioned that I'm in my final year of university) is because for my final project I wish to complete a design of a work environment which may help to reduce anxiety symptoms. I feel that the possibility of such an environment could offer some hope in regards to people that suffer from anxiety. (I know I'd feel much better about entering the work force next year if something like that existed!) I'm not looking for miracles... just somewhere with a relaxed feel where the possibility of anxiety symptoms may be lower than the average work place which currently exists.

For some primary research I've created a survey to help me get a better grasp of how people really feel about things. If anyone could fill it out, it only takes a minute and is completely anonymous unless you'd like to tell your story. I'm not able to post links on here but would be happy to have someone give me a mail and then send you the link!
Anyone that could fill it out would really be helping with something I feel is very important and I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks everyone, see you around the forums! :)

nomorepanic
14-12-12, 15:44
Hi Jessimaka

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.