PDA

View Full Version : Catch up with friend

Elle-Kay
14-12-12, 16:44
I have a small success story to report from today, I'm pleased to say :)

On Wednesday evening I received a text from a friend I haven't seen in a while (conflicting schedules) asking if I'd like to meet for a cuppa before she goes out of the area for Christmas. I was going to decline even though I wanted to catch up with her, because it was short notice & I didn't have time to 'psych myself up', but instead I went against the grain & said yes. We arranged to meet at a cafe near my home this morning, and even though I was really anxious beforehand and thought I would only manage a short chat before I had to make my excuses, we actually ended up chatting for two hours :D It was lovely to see her, and I'm so pleased I pushed myself to do it.

Annie0904
14-12-12, 18:02
That is lovely news Leah :) so pleased you could enjoy your time with your friend. xx

Elle-Kay
14-12-12, 19:09
Thanks Annie, it was really nice to see her & pick up where we left off :)

electrical_stormgirl
16-12-12, 14:06
That's great news, I love spontaneous unexpected successes! Good for you Leah xxx

kittyhan
16-12-12, 17:03
I was really anxious beforehand and thought I would only manage a short chat before I had to make my excuses, we actually ended up chatting for two hours :D It was lovely to see her, and I'm so pleased I pushed myself to do it.

Good for you Elle Kay :) I suffer from this as well with meet ups etc so I know how difficult it is. I'm glad you had such a lovely time and didn't stop yourself from having a good time either x

paranoidtree
20-12-12, 14:23
well done! :yesyes: it's lovely when we manage to do something we didn't think we could and do it successfully too!