PDA

View Full Version : hospitals

april tones
10-06-04, 16:57
hi all, there is light at end of tunnel! i hated hospitals since granparents died but when had my little boy last year i was not scared.Went to hospital last night as sister went in to labour and i didnt feel scared at all or panicky, didnt link it with death at all. I couldnt stop thinking about how much i want to work as midwife, love april x

apriltones

Meg
10-06-04, 17:04
Thats great April,

You possibly now make an association with hospitals giving life not just for illness.

Meg

april tones
10-06-04, 17:08
yes i do, its great. things like this make you see your getting better dont they, x x

apriltones

nomorepanic
10-06-04, 19:39
April

Great news and what did she have?

Nicola

april tones
11-06-04, 20:48
hi nicola, she had little boy called kyle. He was 3 and half weeks early, 6 pound 4 ounces. He is gorgeous! His breathing wasnt very good for few hours but he is perfectly healthy now. thanks for asking, love april x

apriltones

nomorepanic
11-06-04, 20:55
Oh how lovely for you and her!

Nice name too.

So you are the doting auntie now then eh?

Nicola

april tones
12-06-04, 19:21
HIYA, yeah its lovely, so proud of her. She is my younger sister. She had a long labour unlike me but recovered quicker than me, she was up and moving when she woke up, i could hardly walk, ha ha. What have you been up to? love april x

apriltones

nomorepanic
12-06-04, 19:29
April

I have a niece and nephew and love them to bits. My mum is babysitting them tonight for my sister and she is worn out lol.

I am not doing much to be honest - just watching tv and lazing around! Hope you are well too?

x

Nicola

april tones
12-06-04, 20:09
ah, you not got children then? i just lazing abot too, done abit of weeding today and just putting jack to bed. Im ok, boyfriend was bit irritable earlier as he was doing stuff round house, made me feel down. He not usually like it, he tired too. I already told him off. love april x

apriltones

nomorepanic
12-06-04, 21:14
No April - just 3 cats. We don't want children.

Oh I hope you have a lovely evening with him even though he is grumpy! Men get like that don't they lol!

Nicola

april tones
12-06-04, 21:23
ah love cats! he is ok now, he realised and is buying us a take away, we having nice night now, hope you do too. x x

apriltones

nomorepanic
12-06-04, 21:48
Oh nice - love takeaways! A nice treat.

Hope you have a good evening - what is left of it

xx

Nicola

jo-jo
12-06-04, 21:48
Hi April

Congratulations on your new baby nephew - didn't he do well weighing in at 6lb 4oz even though he was rather early!

Best wishes
Jo xx

april tones
13-06-04, 21:09
hi jo, thanks alot, he is brilliant! really good weight i know. So glad he ok. My sister done really well as she tiny, love april x

apriltones

grace
13-06-04, 22:16
hi april,
just wanted to say congratulations on your new nephew

xxx grace

april tones
14-06-04, 14:38
hi grace, thats lovly thank you
u, x x

apriltones

HB
31-07-04, 10:59
I am being told to regualarly go into hospital wards by my therapist to get myself used to them for when i have to go in for some minor surgery, i hope i ccan get used to them as effectively as you did! scary!

H

april tones
03-08-04, 21:23
hi h, i really believe my meds have helped me but its different for every one. I am lots better in many ways, not ready to come off tablets yet though. Are you on meds? love april

apriltones

Rennie1989
03-08-04, 21:54
hb

i go to the hospital myself, i do get scared, well wen i see the needles, make u shivver

im goin on march 2005 bout back

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

HB
03-08-04, 23:20
I used to be on a huge dose of citalopram each day (40mg, they wouldnt give me anymore) but just recently i have come off them completely and actually feel quite good. when are you hopinh to come off yours april?

H

Caz Fab Pants
05-08-04, 19:35
Seems loads of people on here are either on or have been on this Citalopram. What it is for, which group of drugs does it belong to and why hasn't my doc mentioned it to me?

Do you think it would be worth trying it or do you think I'm just searching for a miracle cure that just isn't available? I know exposure is the best way forward but I'm about ready to try anything that will ease things.

C :(
x

Meg
05-08-04, 19:49
Hi Caroline ,

It's a SSRI - the same family as Prozac etc
Licenced for depression and panic disorder.

Meg

HB
06-08-04, 14:24
firstly your doctor has to give you the drug but i would suggest not trying it unless you hvae to coz it is hard to get off.

H

Rennie1989
06-08-04, 19:39
wen i went to the docs on april 2002 bout bak they sed a ripped muscle (sumot like dat) and i hadda take drugs for the pain, cant remember the name but i cant swallow the drug. i donno y, how cum u lot can, give me a tip on how to take em next time

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

nomorepanic
08-08-04, 15:40
Jade

I am lucky in that I can swallow tablets whole and without water, but some need to take a large drink to be able to swallow them.

Can you break them in half and do it that way.

Caz - try to avoid meds if you can but there are loads out there to try so if you really feel that they will help then talk to doc about it.

Nicola

HB
08-08-04, 17:08
hold your nose, drink water and take a big gulp Jade!!!

H