PDA

View Full Version : Off to A&E :(

Annie0904
15-12-12, 12:49
I tripped up last night and bent back my big toe, it hurts even more this morning and is bruised. It is on my already injured foot :( After my last experience there I am already getting really anxious :scared15:

Mark13
15-12-12, 12:52
:bighug1:

Hope it goes well for you and isn't too stressful.

Sparkle1984
15-12-12, 12:54
Sending you hugs :hugs: I hope you are feeling better soon.

Magic
15-12-12, 12:59
Hope all goes well Annie :hugs:

Annie0904
15-12-12, 13:18
Thank you everyone xx

---------- Post added at 13:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:17 ----------

they have phoned with an appointment and I have to wait until 3pm :(

almamatters
15-12-12, 15:38
Hope you are ok Annie :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

GirlAfraid23
15-12-12, 15:47
Hope you're ok annie!

Annie0904
15-12-12, 17:09
Back from A&E. Had an xray and nurse thinks it is just bruised but the radiologist will check the xray on Monday and phone if it is fractured. Feeling really shaky after being in a crowded A&E for nearly 2 hours :( Thank you everyone for your kind words x

Mark13
15-12-12, 17:11
Glad you're back safe and sound and that you got through the experience OK.

Annie0904
15-12-12, 17:15
Thanks Mark :) I think I need to go and hide in my bedroom now, the whole experience has exhausted me. There was a woman there who had fallen and possibly fractured her wrist. her daughter (who looked in her 20's) was panicking more than her Mum! so I distracted myself by trying to calm her down!

mandshere2000
15-12-12, 17:44
Hi Annie
:hugs:coming your way and hope you not in
to much pain
Manda

Annie0904
15-12-12, 17:46
Hi Annie
:hugs:coming your way and hope you not in
to much pain
Manda

Thank you have been taking Paracetamols x

nicola1980
15-12-12, 17:53
sending :hugs: xx

Annie0904
15-12-12, 17:55
Thank you Nicola. The nurse told me to rest for a few days, no housework and a box of chocs and a bottle of wine (I don't drink wine though!)

nicola1980
15-12-12, 17:57
have 2 boxes of chocs instead then :D make sure you do rest aswel :hugs: xx

Annie0904
15-12-12, 18:03
have 2 boxes of chocs instead then :D make sure you do rest aswel :hugs: xx

Excellent idea Nicola :)

Col
15-12-12, 20:30
Ohhh Annie, I'm soo glad you got yourself looked at and got back in one piece.
Yep, eat chocs and watch Telly. Hope it is just bruising & you don't have to have, further tests/procedures done. Fingers crossed X

Takecare

Annie0904
15-12-12, 20:53
Ohhh Annie, I'm soo glad you got yourself looked at and got back in one piece.
Yep, eat chocs and watch Telly. Hope it is just bruising & you don't have to have, further tests/procedures done. Fingers crossed X

Takecare

It is the same foot that was fractured in June and still hasn't healed properly yet so I am feeling sorry for myself :( Have come up to bed to relax x

swgrl09
16-12-12, 22:57
Oh no!! I just saw this now, Annie, I haven't been on this weekend. I hope you are feeling better. What a horrible weekend for you!

Annie0904
17-12-12, 08:57
Toe is not hurting so much today but feeling quite anxious still. I just want Christmas to be over. Usually I look forward to Christmas but not this year. My step daughters mother in law died last night and the grandmother of my sons girlfriend died on Thursday. Not easy at any time but worse just before Christmas. I really feel for the families of all those poor children and teachers in Newtown Connecticut. Just feeling really sad at the moment.

bernie1977
17-12-12, 11:14
Oh Annie I'm so sorry to hear you've hurt your toe. You're having an hard time of it recently.

I'm with you on the Christmas thing I dread it. I've told my partner to go to his sisters on Christmas Day as all his family will be there. I really don't mind spending the day on my home and I don't want my illness to ruin his day.

Annie0904
17-12-12, 11:19
I would love to just spend the day on my own the way I am feeling at the moment. I am finding it so hard not to cry today and trying to keep busy but I have chest pains again and my heart is racing. I just want to hide away somewhere. 14 people and 2 cats is scaring me :scared15:

bernie1977
17-12-12, 11:33
14 people?

It's terrible when you cry or feel like you want to cry all the time. Do you find it totally drains you? I was like it all last week and I was so tired, one day I was only awake for 8 hours!

Annie0904
17-12-12, 11:48
Yes my son and his wife, my youngest son and his girlfriend, my daughter and her boyfriend, my parents and now my daughter in laws sister and her husband and 2 kids are coming over from Italy. I have only met them once before.

bernie1977
17-12-12, 11:56
That does sound daunting, but remember they are family so they will understand better than strangers. You are strong though and you have your hubby there for support.

How long have you got them for?

Annie0904
17-12-12, 12:19
Just Christmas eve until boxing day. My parents and daughter just for the day x

bernie1977
17-12-12, 12:23
I'm sure you'll be fine, but if you need a break from it all you have your comfortable bedroom to go to. I'm sure they'll understand just say you're having a short rest as you've been so run down of late.

Good luck with it all Annie and I hope you get some enjoyment from it.

swgrl09
17-12-12, 12:40
Annie, I am so sorry you are feeling so sad. It is no wonder though, as there has been so much loss. It has been a sad weekend, and especially sad for you with deaths that are close to you. :(

I hope you are able to take some time for yourself over the holidays too. If you need a break from everybody, take some time and go to your room for a breather. I do it quite often with family. I am sure they would understand.

Sending hugs :hugs:

MissHDynamite
17-12-12, 12:55
Hi Annie... I didn't see this post the other day :doh:

How is your toe today? And try not to worry too much about Christmas day, your sons and lovely hubby will have it all under control :). You could always take half a diazepam on the morning just to take the edge of if your feeling anxious.

You have such a lovely family, I am sure they will understand if you want to pop up to your room for a little quiet x

Annie0904
17-12-12, 12:56
Annie, I am so sorry you are feeling so sad. It is no wonder though, as there has been so much loss. It has been a sad weekend, and especially sad for you with deaths that are close to you. :(

I hope you are able to take some time for yourself over the holidays too. If you need a break from everybody, take some time and go to your room for a breather. I do it quite often with family. I am sure they would understand.

Sending hugs :hugs:

I have just read your post saying how close you live to Newtown. That was just heartbreaking news. I really don't know what is happening in the world today, so many tragic things happening. I think we could all do with a big group hug :bighug1::bighug1:

panickyme
17-12-12, 12:57
Annnnnnnnie I go away for the weekend, and you get a boo boo. You poor thing are you doing better today? I am right with you for the Christmas thing, I have quite a large crowd also, I will be glad when it is over, and life is back to normal. Hope you have a good day, I'm getting ready work now, but I will check in later my friend. :hugs:(YES group hug, that is so sad, breaking my heart.)

Annie0904
17-12-12, 12:59
Hi Annie... I didn't see this post the other day :doh:

How is your toe today? And try not to worry too much about Christmas day, your sons and lovely hubby will have it all under control :). You could always take half a diazepam on the morning just to take the edge of if your feeling anxious.

You have such a lovely family, I am sure they will understand if you want to pop up to your room for a little quiet x

I have already decided that diazepam will be my back up! I just feel so sad at the moment and even though I have such a lovely family and so many blessings I am feeling a little lonely..that sounds strange doesn't it? xx

MissHDynamite
17-12-12, 13:13
No that doesn't sound strange Annie... it's simply because although we can be surrounded by people but it is our personal struggle that tends to isolate us. Not that others realise as we keep an lot in.. our minds never stop thinking and we hurt at the misery.

If I am honest.. if someone had tried to explain this feeling to me a couple of years ago, there is no way I could have imagined the sadness of it all. But, we have come this far and we're not giving up now :hugs:xx

---------- Post added at 13:13 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

Oooo got my card :yahoo: thank you xx

Annie0904
17-12-12, 13:19
It is good to know that someone understands what I am saying although I hate to think that others feel the same way xx

MissHDynamite
17-12-12, 13:25
All of us who have suffered this anxiety, panic and depression understand it.

I have shed quite a few inner tears over the last couple of weeks or so. Watching porple go out Christmas shopping, my daughters friend going Christmas shopping with her mum, I feel so guilty. Most of my shopping including presents have been done online. I so wish we could all go out to the shopping centres and see the trimmings and hear the music but I know I am not the the only one.. and Christmas is an emotional time as it is without all this. I just pray we are all feeling better next year :hugs:x

Annie0904
17-12-12, 13:33
I have done all my shopping online too. I need to post a parcel and I can't even do that on my own. :hugs: xx

MissHDynamite
17-12-12, 14:23
I am the same Annie... Makes it all such hard work!. I needed to get my family cards the other day so had to plan it with my daughter to go to my local small shopping centre on late night opening (till 8).. we went after 7, praying it wasnt going to be busy, had to park as near to the entrance as I could get and run in!.. she picked some for me and i picked mum, dad, daughter.

It's one of those where your pleased with yourself for doing it but it just reminds you what your problem is... again! :doh:

Annie0904
17-12-12, 14:40
I have come up to my bedroom and put my SAD light on to see if it does me any good. Got your card Miss H thank you xx

MissHDynamite
17-12-12, 14:49
Your welcome :-) Try and relax there for a while, pop a bit of something chilled on the telly. David Attenborough works a treat :-) x

Thumbelina
17-12-12, 15:32
Hi Annie, have only seen now about your fall, sorry about it.
Hope you are feeling better.
Thinking of you.
Oooooo

justina
17-12-12, 16:36
Thanks Mark :) I think I need to go and hide in my bedroom now, the whole experience has exhausted me. There was a woman there who had fallen and possibly fractured her wrist. her daughter (who looked in her 20's) was panicking more than her Mum! so I distracted myself by trying to calm her down!
Maybe it was someone from here:D

Annie0904
17-12-12, 17:25
Maybe it was someone from here:D

haha possibly :D

---------- Post added at 17:25 ---------- Previous post was at 17:10 ----------

I have ended up having to take diazepam to try to calm me down this afternoon. I am reading on facebook about people doing all nice Christmasy things and I can't even get myself to the post office to post a parcel :weep:

MissHDynamite
17-12-12, 18:14
Oh Annie.. it can't help but be depressing :weep: Try not to let it get you down :hugs:
Hope your feeling a little better now x

Annie0904
17-12-12, 19:00
I just want to sleep but trying to stay awake otherwise I won't sleep tonight. I just wish we could all get rid of this horrible anxieties and be able to enjoy our lives. xx

swgrl09
18-12-12, 12:45
Hi Annie, hope you are feeling a bit better today. I know what you mean, I feel like I am missing out on enjoying life a lot. :hugs:

Annie0904
18-12-12, 13:09
I just feel anxious all the time again x