PDA

View Full Version : Anxious all day, anybodynelse like this?

strat61
15-12-12, 16:43
Hi all, I'm new here first time today. I took ealy retirement in april started to get anxiouys then depressed,went to the docs & answered all the questions & was pronounced severly depressed In July! Any way have been on citalopram 30mg since july,had three yes THREE cbt sessions the counsellor said I was almost back to normal so no more sessions. Well I wasn't back to my normal self,I play in a 60s band & have done for ten years as for being back to normal I didnt touch my guitar or do anything with the band for three months,although I am playing with the band now.
Last month I had two sessions of hynotherapy from which I dont think that I have benefitted.When I wake up in the morning I have a little wobble of panic which then leaves me feeling anxious all day. my questions are does anybody else get this, & has hypnotherapy worked for anyone. Cheers for now
Strat61:wacko:

nomorepanic
15-12-12, 16:55
Hi strat61

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Mark13
15-12-12, 17:07
Welcome to the forum.

I certainly have anxiety all day every day, but it spikes at times in response to the slightest stress.

Lack of sleep makes me 10 times worse.

As for hypnotherapy, I had one session and I hated it, made things worse if anything, but that's just my own personal experience.

Alanis
15-12-12, 17:21
Hi strat61 and welcome!

BobbyDog
15-12-12, 20:14
I share your daily anxiety, it's getting me down as well so you are not alone there.

Hypnotherapy didn't work for me, but it is worth a try as we all respond differently.

Good luck.