PDA

View Full Version : Looking for contact for times of insomniua

IcanOvercomeThis
15-12-12, 19:57
Hi, I am new to this site. The last few days/weeks have been particularly difficult as I have developed insomnia accompanied by painful symptoms of anxiety and early morning panic and loneliness. Have had mild anxiety for 20 years (probably more) but treated for 20+. Symptoms have become so bad lately, I'm really feeling desparate. Do not want to end up in a psych facility, so I'm trying to think of ways to help myself. I am waking up between 1 a.m. (Eastern Standard Time...that's Central New York area) and 3 a.m. Part of my difficulty is it's dark, I feel isolated, hurt and need "conversation." When I noticed that this site is based in the UK, it came to me that maybe someone would also benefit from a "lets get thru it" buddy. There has to be a way. Noticed that since I'm a new member, I can't use the regular chat room for a few days. Haven't discovered if it is possible to email directly or just how the "newbie" regulation can be respected but overcome. Any thoughts, encouraghement or ideas for dealing with this are WELC
OME. PS We were a US Air Force Family who lived in the East Anglia area in the 70s. Now this is NOT an implication that my current state of being the anxiety Queen began there! Just to let you know that I lived in your country and have many fond memories of the experience there.

Annie0904
15-12-12, 20:02
So you will be about 5 hours behind us..so it will be about 6 am when you wake at 1 am. I am usually awake by 8 am here so would be here around 3 am your time. Others may be awake earlier as lots of us don't sleep well. I am sure when ever you come on the site you will find someone. :)

nomorepanic
15-12-12, 20:09
Hi IcanOvercomeThis

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Baggs
15-12-12, 22:09
Welcome to the site. I am a fan of the chatroom and am often in there. Look forward to seeing you there.

Baggs