PDA

View Full Version : Abdominal Pain, esp when drinking warm drinks

lofwyr
15-12-12, 21:39
Hey guys,
Kind of a rough patch lately. A lot of people (four of them in the last three weeks) around me are suffering with real, potentially deadly medical issues. They are all people about my age--former close friends from the old days all about 42, not so old that I feel we should be suffering this much, which has my own anxiety on edge a bit, not much, but a bit.

Of late, the past month or so, just prior to these events, I have had some minor abdominal pain, not always there, but sometimes present, especially sitting. (I do have some chronic lower back problems too). But lately, I noticed that whenever I drink something warm (green tea and coffee) the pain spikes a bit as it travels into my system, just for a moment.

It does not really feel like heartburn (and is not that persistent at any rate like heartburn would be). Now, I am beginning to get a cancer worry (one the aforementioned people has cancer, though I will not be specific about the symptoms), I have been acutely aware of the pain in the area now, and cannot quite shake the nagging feeling something is wrong inside me.

Not knowing is the brutal part of this anxiety, and the abdomen has so many things churning and working in it, that I am worried and unable to really blow it off.

Anyway, anyone else had these symptoms? I feel guilty for feeling this way, given the actual plight of so many of my friends, and do not dare vent these fears anywhere else because of it, so thank you for hearing me.

Anxious_gal
16-12-12, 00:46
Where is the pain?
All I can think of maybe an ulcer or some inflamation due to the fact the drink is hot it might irrate it a bit more but then if hot food doesn't do the same it doesn't really make sense.
Could it be the caffeine?
I guess you ask your doctor or maybe ring up nurse line