PDA

View Full Version : Hello

rizo
16-12-12, 01:32
Hello, I thought I'd introduce myself to everybody.
My name is Jordan and im 23, From Liverpool, England.

Ive suffered from an anxiety disorder for about 3 years now which had manifested itself in all sorts of ways, including pure ocd.

Ive been taking CBT sessions for a few months now but its so hard to tell if im doing it right or if its making a difference, which kind of worries me because I feel that if CBT wont work, then what will?

I just want to feel like I felt before I had my very first panic attack in 2009. My therapist tells me its a bad idea to keep obsessing over 'how I was' but its so hard. Its extremely difficult to take that I may not be the same person as I used to be, when I was full of excitement for the things I have a passion for.

I guess its a battle to regain my ways of thinking before the panic attacks ad extreme anxiety re wired my brain.

Anyway, I hope to speak to people going through similar situations so its nice to be here.

nomorepanic
16-12-12, 01:45
Hi rizo

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

BobbyDog
16-12-12, 08:21
A warm :welcome: to you.

Baggs
16-12-12, 08:27
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

bethanyjay
16-12-12, 12:11
Hi

:welcome: to NMP Im new here, but I have found the posts very informative, hope you enjoy your stay.

Beth

Sparkle1984
16-12-12, 13:49
Welcome to the forums, Jordan. I'm sure you'll find plenty of support here. :)

When tackling your anxiety, keep track of your progress, and reward yourself regularly for your achievements. Keep a journal of your Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) practice to track the approaches you’ve tried and how they turned out. Doing so can help you to identify what works for you, and what doesn’t.
Don’t worry if some approaches for tackling your anxiety don’t seem to work – you can learn a great deal both from your successes and the things that challenge you.

Mark13
16-12-12, 18:18
Hi Jordan

Welcome to the forum, it's a supportive bunch here, I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay.

Mark